PDA

View Full Version : fish finder queries

jwd
20-10-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm looking to up grade my old sounder for a newer model.

Looking at the lowrance X125 or similar. I wusually stick to freshwater imppoundments so I need something with good shallow water performance. I'm not sure if I should I go for a wide or narrow transducer?

Any comments or suggetions regarding fish finders would be greatly appreciated.

thanx

Fitzy
20-10-2004, 04:21 PM
Hi JWD,
I'd definately take a look at the Matrix 37. Brilliant unit with both narrow or wide use, high or low frequency (you can pick & choose) & easily upgradable to take Weather Sense, GPS & Smartcast.

Cheers,

Fitzy..

aussiebasser
20-10-2004, 05:22 PM
I just spent the weekend on Somerset running an X135 Lowrance and an older 35x Matrix side by side. I'm surprising myself by saying it, but I think I'd go for a 37x Matrix over the Lowrance. I love the side scan thingy on the 'bird. My brother just got a 37x with all the bells and whistles. Stones Corner Marine did a pretty good price too, so it's worth contacting them. Brother has an X87 Lowrance as well, but opted for the benefits offered by the Humminbird in its GPS and Weather sense features.

jordo
20-10-2004, 05:44 PM
Hey. I thought the same as you and was goin to buy a lowrance but the matrix 37 was not much more and i have found it excellent. Fished out of a mates boat the other day with a x135 and x95 and i reckon my matrix had better coverage and picture clearness. Also havin the gps is great.
paid $615 on sale for the matrix and $150 for gps.
see yas

jwd
21-10-2004, 05:05 AM
Thanks for all the comments and the advice, I'll check out a Matrix

Thanks again

JWD