PDA

View Full Version : Raymarine C120

boyzie
08-11-2005, 01:39 PM
Does anyone own one if these?
been looking on the net and they seam pretty good, therte worth bout 3k in Aus but was talking to an american ebayer and he said he could get me one for 500 american dollars (roughly 800ish australian dollars)
heres a bit of info let me know what you think
12.4 inch screen
combined gps, fishfinder and radar
256 colour
navtronics gold cards accepted
integrated anti-glare filters
free shiping
http://www.raymarine.com/raymarine/ProductDetail.asp?site=1&section=2&page=758&product_id=1677

thunnus
08-11-2005, 03:15 PM
I have used the C70, C80, and C120 and find them a great unit.

A word of warning however about the unit that you have been quoted. First of all these units are multi-function units, therefore they are sold as seperate parts.eg, Head Unit, Transducer, DSM, Ariel, Raydome and Card. Make certain exactly what parts they have qouted you as that sounds overly cheap.

The other thing to look out for is Referb units. They are units that have gone back for warrenty, the unit has been replaced rather then repaired, so the unit is then repaired and sold as a Referb unit. This reduces the cost of the unit to the customer. You might be able to tell if the unit is a referb by the lenght of the warrenty. From memory they have a two year warrenty however a referb will have less, usually about one year.

Above all be warned that if you buy from overseas your unit has not been c-tick approved and if it goes back to the agent in australia, the agent has the right to withhold that unit.

Also, by buying overseas you kill the local market. It might be nice to save a few dollors but when you have a problem and you turn to your local dealer for advice dont be suprised if they are no longer there. Sounds a bit extreme, but it could well happen.

Hapuka
09-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Thunnus good advice I just recently purchased a C-80 1KW with digital reader and GPS antenna for $4,500 here in Aus I could have got it much cheaper in the states (around $1,000 less) but #I opted to buy it here in case I had problems.....and guess what I did... I was able to talk to the Ray rep direct and he sorted me out , I fish deep 500m and it was'nt reading properly it turned out to be an installation problem and operator error , it would have taken me weeks to sort this out if I purchased the unit O.S.

Everything is seperate with the C-80 the digital reader the transducer and the antenna if something goes wrong you will end up paying more having to ship your unit back to the states.

Bite the bullet and support your local dealers it's worth it in the long run.

rob # #