PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance X107CDF sounder, slight problem.

rajawolf
08-11-2005, 10:57 PM
After finally installing my Lowrance X107CDF sounder, I turned unit on for a test and tried all the buttons and menues but found a fault in the unit. #The screen would blink and fade in and out when the backlighting was set to low.

I phoned the retailer I bought the unit from, to see what could be done to to return this unit for a replacement as it was partly DOA. The retailer informed me that they would have to phone Lowrance for instructions, and would phone me back asap.

After a few hours the phone call was returned and I was informed that I would have to return the unit to them, and they then had to send it back to Lowrance for repairs. NOT happy >:(

I said dont worry about it for now as I live close to Lowrance HQ, and would go and speak with them myself.

This morning I fronted up to Lowrance HQ, explained my problem to them as per above, and I was expecting a huge fight, but to my surprise this guy took me to a test bench inserted power cord to unit, the guy said yep it has a problem and then gave me a new head unit. #"Now happy again" :)

Even though I received good customer service, ( only because I was able to travel to their HQ without much effort) I do not think it is acceptable for the people who do not have the same advantage as me to have to return a unit that is DOA, back to the retailer too have them post back to the manafacture and wait god know's how long to have the unit replaced or repaired, and then sent back.

I did consider the easy way out (money wise) and that was to uninstall it all from the boat pack it back into the box and then go for a refund.

I hope by writing this that it may help some other Ausfish members, if they encounter a similar problem.

Cheers,

Tony

banshee
08-11-2005, 11:17 PM
I have returned a lot of lowrance units,it's far better to contact the company direct they will send you a return authority and get the ball rolling imediatly.

krazyfisher
09-11-2005, 06:39 AM
i had to return a 107 to the dealer and I had a new one in 3 days not bad service

borisdog
09-11-2005, 09:11 AM
I have returned 2 Lowrances over the years, I've always dealt with them direct and never had a problem. I tried a dealer once and ended up with the same problem of lack of interest. Very satisfied both times I dealt direct with Lowrance.

insanefisho
09-11-2005, 08:28 PM
I have a Lowrance x100c. It died 29\10 just as i was leaving the Hervey Bay boat harbour 2nd trip out. I found out when i got home it blow a fuse, i replaced the fuse checked the power supply at the end of the lead it had power connected it up and no go.Took it in on the next monday but still no word yet.Hope they replace or repair mine soon so i can go out fishing!

Daintreeboy
09-11-2005, 09:10 PM
gee, you guys have me worried now I just talked my brother into getting an X107 CDF for his new boat. I have had very little trouble with Lowrance for many years but I'm starting to hear a few stories. I hope all goes well with the new sounder.
Cheers, Mark.

rajawolf
09-11-2005, 09:28 PM
Mark,

Dont worry..It was not a big problem the sounder worked fine..just in the low light setting it would blink ect... but the rest of the sounder worked just great..I am very happy that I bought the unit no regets at all..

If Lowrance would just allow the retailer to replace a "dead on arrival" unit with a new one... it would be much easier. Nobody wants to go and buy something from a store and, say come home and it is dead all together, and expect to have to wait X amount of time to play with your new toy.

I can understand if the unit has problems #after use and in the warrany period that it should be sent back to them for repairs or to replace.

Tony

insanefisho
11-11-2005, 07:18 PM
Hi every one. Just posting an up date for my x100c. I rung up Lowrance and they told me my sounder was dead, so they are ordering another one from the U.S. factory. i will have a new one next week. yee ha :) :) :)

rajawolf
11-11-2005, 11:15 PM
Great news mate....it is nice when all works out fine. :)