PDA

View Full Version : MATRIX 97 GPS-FISH SISTEM

noluck
22-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Hi to all
Dose any one out thre got this one and can tall me how good are, or bad are.
It is one i got with boat dont know much about at all . I had to play with for short time and loks very easy to use .
Just one think i would like to know in, 2 days i going fishing offshore.
I just would like to know can i relay on it
thanks in advence
no_luck

Bay+Beyond
23-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Not sure on this bigger model, but if mine is any indication i have the samllest unit Matrix 10x, and works fine in 30m. I love the little unit especially with the GPS capabilities builtin.
Go to

http://www.humminbird.com/generic.asp?ID=411

and download the manual in pdf format.

Hope this helps
Thommo

Gbanger
23-11-2005, 03:04 PM
i have the 67 with no major problems... the maps seem to be a little innacurate, but i blame that on navionics...

noluck
25-11-2005, 09:20 AM
is any more coments out there
i can not bolive that i m only one with this unit :-/

no_luck

Fitzy
04-12-2005, 01:32 PM
I've got 1 & love it.

BTW there was a software update released for them a couple of weeks ago.

Adds a couple of things,
-Direction of travel arrow on GPS screen
-Extra features in navigation menu
-Capability of taking screen shots
-Can change the color & style of tracks to your own liking.

fitz..

noluck
05-12-2005, 11:19 PM
I've got 1 & love it.

BTW there was a software update released for them a couple of weeks ago.

Adds a couple of things,
-Direction of travel arrow on GPS screen
-Extra features in navigation menu
-Capability of taking screen shots
-Can change the color & style of tracks to your own liking.

fitz..
# Fitzy
it is good to see some one love it
but i can tale you. I use it only 3 tims so far and sounder is good but GPS it is bigast Sh^%$# i have ever own.
very soon looking to get somting new i will live this one just coz sounder is good.
Cheers No_luck

gogecko
06-12-2005, 10:39 AM
no luck, what dont you like about the gps? Have you used other gps that you like better?

I have a matrix 27, and I was gonna order the gps antenna this week. I am interested to hear your comments mate.
Thanks

Andrew

Black_Rat
06-12-2005, 10:48 AM
I have the Matrix 15 and the GPS is great, I run around the PIN at night where a lot of the markers aren't lit with the utmost of confidence #;D just have to follow the breadcrumb trail and look out for unlit boats at anchor #:o

noluck
06-12-2005, 11:25 AM
no luck, what dont you like about the gps? Have you used other gps that you like better?

I have a matrix 27, and I was gonna order the gps antenna this week. I am interested to hear your comments mate.
Thanks

Andrew
mate i had furuno, navman and lorence gps
it is not posbole get on spot 100% with this one
i do lot zig zag #driving #i think doue to slow update
hand held gps lorence 12chan is better #100tims than this one
cheers no_luck

gogecko
06-12-2005, 02:18 PM
no luck,
I used the handheld garmin 72 and had the same problem. I was zigzaggin and found it hard to get spot on. It was accurate to about 100m. MAybe it was just me as a bad user? It was borrowed from a mate, so maybe it needs a new refresh rate or something similar setup in the preferences.

Black rat,
yours sounds accurate if you are finding markers in the dark. I might give the matrix gps a try anyway. Its cheap enough to add on. About $150 from the usa.

Jusel
06-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Hi Gogecko,

I have the matrix 25 with GPS antenna and find it awesome. Very accurate with marks and tracks and quiet easy to use. My only sugesstions is you get the PC connection cable because typing in waypoints is no fun at all!!

noluck
06-12-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi Gogecko,

I have the matrix 25 with GPS antenna and find it awesome. #Very accurate with marks and tracks and quiet easy to use. #My only sugesstions is you get the PC connection cable because typing in waypoints is no fun at all!!
i just gesing you have pc cable
how you typing in waypoints whan you can only putt 6 digits for south and 7 for east(s 12.34.56 e 123 .45. 67)
:-?

gogecko
07-12-2005, 04:49 PM
No luck,
I had a read of the manual. You can download it from the hummingbird website.

Under Settings>position format>
change it from dd mm ss to dd mm.mmm
then you can put in more digits.

Looks like your last boat owner didnt know how to set it up properly. It should be a good unit when its setup OK.

Make sure datum is set to wgs84 as well.

Let me know if this works. Im curious. Ive ordered the antenna and the pc cable.

noluck
07-12-2005, 10:19 PM
thanks mate i will tray do this settings and let u know how i go
cheers No_Luck

vertico
07-12-2005, 11:56 PM
had a look at them at springwood marine today , if not a 97 then something close (67) ??
wasnt really impressed compare to my garmin 176c chartplotter

noluck
09-12-2005, 12:35 PM
had a look at them at springwood marine today , if not a 97 then something close (67) ??
wasnt really impressed compare to my garmin 176c chartplotter

vertico i tought u got better staf than garmin

vertico
09-12-2005, 05:42 PM
nope garmin rocks

Fitzy
11-12-2005, 08:41 AM
THere's a new software update available for the Matrix 97 on the Humminbird website, released a few weeks ago.
Adds extra functions to the menus, mainly on GPS + can change track colors & change to smaller dots or solid line. Also adds direction arrow to the plotter screen.
Can also take screen shots to an MMC card.

Updates for most other Matrix & 900 series units released at the same time.

If you've found the chart to be inaccurate, you can rectify in the map offset function.

Fitzy..