PDA

View Full Version : March 1770/ Noosa

Brenden
11-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Hi
Early March I'm off to 1770 for a week and then over to Noosa. I've got a 4.3m tinnie with 40hp, and wondering a) would it be worth taking to 1770 and are there estuaries around where I might get a few crabs b) Same for Noosa & lastly has anyone used any charters in these areas and what service you thought they offered.

Thanks in advance.

Brenden

mackmauler
11-01-2003, 03:12 PM
Yes well worth taking, Get yourself some maps and youll soon realize how much good creeks there are, The crabbing at 1770 is far better than noosa, less eye catching distractions at 1770 but... ;D youll have a ball.

Silver_RX
12-01-2003, 07:46 AM
Defintie yes on taking the boat.

Araby_Dog
12-01-2003, 09:35 AM
Hi RX,

The Dominator and I were up at Noosa for the New Year and we went out with Noosa Blue Water Charters. We were suppose to go on the monday b4 new years but the wind picked up so it was postponed it the following friday....same old story Thursday was the "the day" the fish were on. There was plenty of surface action with bonito and mac's chasing the baitfish just outside of the bar but out towards the 10 mile reef the swell and wind hindered any chance of a good fish.
We came inshore to sunshine reef and fished in about 35 mt of water caught plenty of grinners an couple of moses perch and one bloke on the charter who had hurled his guts up earlier hooked a mac tuna.

My advice is that if you have your own gear take it (they dont mind) as they use alvey reels and these short rods.

Telephone: (07) 5449 9355.
The Boatshed
Gympie Terrace, Noosaville
Queensland, Australia 4566.

In all Noosa Blue water charters are ok, unfortunatly the day we went out wasn't the best and the fish weren't on the chew. Doesn't matter I still outfished the Dominator and that's all that matters.

1770......Heaven. You'll love it up there!!

jack_attack
12-01-2003, 01:07 PM
A boat is a definate for 1770. You have a choice of 3 main creeks in the area.

My favorite has to be Middle creek. It has an awesome rock bar just infront of the camping area. Take care when you first traverse the creek as there are submerged rocks on a number of corners and shallow sand bars in between. I saw a mate get blown away on a 60lb handline with a 300mm live mullet as bait at the main rock bar. It is quite isolated if you happen to drive in and launch your boat. If you are launching your boat at 1770 itself, take note that there is surf/bar at the entrance to the creek. Sandflies can be pretty bad.

Eurimbula is not as large as Middle creek but does hold decent fish. It is rather shallow and sandy at the mouth and as such the channels move around a fair bit. There is camping right at the creek mouth. Take sand fly repellant or you will be kicking yourself.

The main river/creek in town is fished fairly heavily by tourists and locals alike. It does hold good fish although you have to work harder to get them.

There is a caravan/camping park right on the water at 1770 that is quite nice.

Do yourself a favour while you are there and go for a ride on the L.A.R.C.s You can do a full day trip which is a hell of a lot of fun. Even the afternoon trip is a beauty as it travells from 1770 through Eurimbula and turns around at Middle Creek. It gives you a great perspective on how far the creeks are from the town itself.

Brenden
13-01-2003, 08:02 AM
Thanks everyone for the feedback, I can't wait to get down there and from what you've told should have a chance at a few nice fish ;D.

Thanks again.

Brenden