PDA

View Full Version : Wello - Fri 17

argonautical
16-01-2003, 01:06 PM
Hi All

Going cast netting tonight and/or thursday for mullet to use as livies with plans to hit wello on friday morning. Good crabbing tide as well so will take a few pots with me.

I bought some of that knotable wire trace and have tied on about 5 mts of the stuff as a wind on leader with a couple of 5/0's on the end. Intend to float the livies out on this and hopefully will put an end to the break-offs I've had over the last few outings.

Argo

Fisherman02
16-01-2003, 03:43 PM
hey argo
mate how you going to keep them alive for that long! You got a fish tank?
cheers jack

argonautical
16-01-2003, 04:03 PM
Fish2

A mate of mine lives at Raby Bay and he has a fish keeper built into his pontoon. A dozen mullet will keep just fine for a couple of days.

If I catch some small stuff like herring I am going to experiment with keeping them at home. I've got a warwick tub and a air pump I bought from my local pet shop.

Argo

Fisherman02
17-01-2003, 03:06 PM
gee thats pretty handy having a keeper net on the pontoon! Good luck mate im sure there will be something around especially as the full moon is this weekend. If you can stay until night there should be some nice squire and stuff coming through. Lots of inshore species
cheers jack
p.s they love baby squid