PDA

View Full Version : Back to Moreton.

SteveCan
26-03-2003, 08:13 AM
Heading back to Moreton this weekend for beach fishing with my new beach rig. Steve (Ausfish) has set me up with a lovely new Alvey 6500BCV and Snyder Glas Mag Surf rod that I took delivery of about 30 mins ago ;) This is my first Alvey with anti reverse so I am a bit excited about using it.

Will be fishing Tailor Bight with some of the fishing club guys on Saturday night. We are also hoping to go to the eastern beach Sunday morning to check out some of the gutters and perhaps to see if the whiting are still as prolific as the reports are saying.

Looking forward to the weekend and have to give Steve a plug for giving me good pricing and great service on my new beach setup. :)

Cann't wait to get Wet!

Cheers
Steve.

craigie
26-03-2003, 01:08 PM
G'day Steve,

You lucky Buggar !!!

What is your new rig set up for (Tailor, Dart, Jew ??)

You should score some Whiting, Bream and Dart from the Tailor Bite area. Maybe even a 'Lizard ' or two if you hunt around.

Fish the Shallow surf gutters and drains for Whiting. Worms or forget it !!! Your new rod may be a bit on the heavy side for the Whiting ??

Fish well,

Craig.

Lucky_Phill
26-03-2003, 02:49 PM
If you're going to fish for Tailor at night, take some Mack Tuna flesh,big hook, big weight, and hang on!

SteveCan
26-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Hi Guys,

The New Rod is a 13'6 Snyder rated at 5-7kg and I have it squarely aimed at the big Tailor - hopefully some are around! I dream of a beach caught Jew one day and with the right line I would give myself a chance on that rig (I hope!) I am also taking a 600b on an 11' light rod and 4kg line for the Dart and Whiting. Seems on Moreton you can do basically everything with two rods.

Phil - that is the method I have been told about - but I ain't got the tuna strips in the fridge atm :( But last time I was over there one of the guys at the Fishing club was telling me about that exact method and invited me along next time I was there - perhaps on saturday night. ;D

Either way - just getting away from the bustle and grind of the workaweek, consuming a few amber tubes with agreeable company, the likelyhood of getting a few fish and tuning up the techniques for doing so.... Ahh the Passion!

I LOVE the weekend!

Cheers
Steve.

Lucky_Phill
26-03-2003, 04:48 PM
Well Steve, you're in luck.

I have some awesome mack tuna fillets if the freezer here, already salted and waiting for that big Tailor.

I live Brisbane Southside, so maybe you can call in and pick up a pack. It's worth it for those XOS Greenies.
??? ;D

SteveCan
26-03-2003, 05:22 PM
That's bloody nice of you Phil, :)

We are on a tight Friday timeframe and I reckon the stopover could threaten the Barge departure at Seven :o However I feel a bit better knowing that there is a good supply of bait on the Island ;)

I really appreciate the offer though - What's this I hear about a M&G at South Straddie sometime? That would be a nice spot to catch up I reckon. ;)

Cheers
Steve.

Lucky_Phill
27-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Sth Straddie could be a goer. More about that later.

I'm up at 5am everyday, so the offer is still open for the Tuna. I live 30 minutes from the barge.

;) ;D 8) ???

SteveCan
27-03-2003, 04:36 PM
Mate - it's the Seven PM barge that
I have to catch. My good boss will let me escape about four - then I have to get home and get my gear and Lindy into the Patrol and up to Scarbourough before seven. A bit of a tight schedule, but the moment you roll onto that barge it's Island Time.

Let down the tyres, open a cold one and take the watch off. We will get up with the first Kookaburra's call and hit the beach. :) Probably take pillies and fresh beachworms to cover most of the options. Saturday nights a dark night - will have to wait and see what the conditions are like - But it is looking fair from here ;) The locals seem to have the place tuned as to where and how. It's a good opportunity to see how to fish the Island well.

Cheers
Steve.

Lucky_Phill
28-03-2003, 04:40 PM
OOOOHHHH !!!! I see, 7pm barge.

Well that's another story ;D ;)