PDA

View Full Version : ST Lawrence

slick
27-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Hi I am wounding if any one knows if you can fish from the land at ST Lawrence or around that area :)

krazyfisher
28-07-2003, 04:25 AM
yes there are some good spots in the creeks

slick
28-07-2003, 05:38 AM
Thanks Krazyfisher can you camp along the creek and what can be caught this time of year

Rod.
28-07-2003, 05:42 AM
Gday slick, I know that some of the tidal creeks that are just north are accessed through private property only unless you go to I think its the southern end of clairview beach, through some back roads, (Ive only ever seen people on the bank there from a tinny). Make sure you take plenty of aerogaurd; keep an eye on the size of the tide, because when it comes in _IT COMES IN. Especially the sticks river which is south of ST.L where it comes in nearly a wall. I can't tell you too much more, we used to come through a friends property into cattle and clairview creek - about 7, 8 years ago. Stanage bay is another good destination; have you been there?

slick
28-07-2003, 05:55 AM
Hi Rod I have not been there I have just moved in from yaraka and living a dysart and st lawrence is not far through the back roads so I am going fishing this coming weekend

Rod.
28-07-2003, 06:13 AM
Slick, used to be local to Rocky, five rocks via yeppoon is good also. Need 4x4 to get there. Used to live in Dysart also, know why your going away for adventure.

slick
28-07-2003, 06:41 AM
rod just looking for a quiet weekend to camp and do a bit of fishing i think i will try st lawrence frist and see what happens what are crabs like this time of year

Rod.
28-07-2003, 08:38 AM
I think the warmer months are more productive for muddies, not saying you might not pick any up now! And also if they've had a bit of rain of late might improve your chances a bit. Where did you just move from?

slick
28-07-2003, 10:27 AM
I moved from yaraka which is about 200k west of longreah. good yellowbelly fishing on the barcoo have caught up to 12 yellowbelly in 1hour after work