PDA

View Full Version : Attention Mackay!!!!!

Fishin_Dan
01-02-2006, 09:39 AM
(AKA - JuicyFruit, Thumps, Mick, Devocean & Co)

The dates have been booked for my Mackay trip for work! ;D

I come up on either Monday 13th of Feb at night, or first thing Tuesday 14th morning. (Probably Monday night). I will be working all week till the Friday arvo during the days, but nights will be available for drinking, and possible night time fishing missions... ;)

I am also contemplating staying for the weekend. This would be so I could hopefully line up a reef trip if possible, or maybe a barra bash at one of the nearby dams...

If anyone is interested in helping a fellow Ausfisher out, let me knw ASAP because I have to book flights pretty soon... I will probably be staying at the hotel at the Mackay Marina (I love having some customers as customers!!!!) so will also try to get some fishing in there as well...

Hope to hear from you all soon! ;)

Cheers,
Dan

thumps
01-02-2006, 09:42 AM
you Mongrel

the Clarion???????????

Fishin_Dan
01-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Ummm... Yeah I think that's it....

The company that own Mackay Marina (Port Binnli), own the hotel (And about half of Mackay). They are my customers... So I usually get cheap accomodation there, and they look after me pretty well.... ;D

It's a hard life sometimes!!! ;)

I'll even buy you a few drinks..... he he he

juicyfruit
01-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Dan,
I would dearly love to be able to accommodate you....boating/fishing wise.....a little ashamed of our boat that is preventing me from extending my hand of hospitality to take you out fishing...however, if no other offer comes to you, I certainly can scrap together the numbers needed for a charter trip to the reef. (Thumps and my work permitting).

Juicy

P.S. Jealous of you staying at the Clarion......can you employ me as your assistant?

Fishin_Dan
01-02-2006, 11:05 AM
Juicy - I'm a person who doesn't really care where they fish as I just love being out there fishing... If I manage to catch stuff, then even better! :D We will definately have to get a few drinkies in order though!

The hotel is pretty good... The rooms look out over the Mackay Marina, there's a pub down the path, the lighthouse is just there and the seafood they serve is to die for! It's ALL good!!! ;D

juicyfruit
01-02-2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah, Thumps and I spent our wedding night there.......might be best you request NOT to have room 7007.

Fishin_Dan
01-02-2006, 11:28 AM
;D Thanks for that Juicy! I'll let them know to send in the Hazmat Team!!! ;D

theoldlegend
01-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Strewth Dan !!

That must be some job you've got !! :-/

Townsville one week, Lismore another, Mackay the next, where will it end ? :-? While you're in Mackay at the hotel, you might ask management if they've repaired room 7007.

TOL

Fishin_Dan
01-02-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah it's not bad TOL! I've been Cairns, Darwin, Perth, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton & Biloela in the last 6 months, am in Lismore now, go to Mackay the week of the 13th, go to Perth the week after for 2 weeks, then I think back to Mackay a few weeks after that again! And I think there's another trip to Cairns coming in the near future!

Oh and one of the other jobs is taking me to Sydney, Melbourne & Adelaide! 8-)

Geez I'm busy at the moment!!! :'(

I've just gotta get a decent rod tube made so I don't have to try to scrounge off the locals! ::)

krazyfisher
01-02-2006, 05:37 PM
you might be in luck could even be the weekend of the M&G

juicyfruit
01-02-2006, 06:00 PM
Oh that would be fantastic if that was to happen :)

Fishin_Dan
09-02-2006, 03:22 PM
Just so you all don't feel so bad, I WON'T be staying at the Clarion.... :'( ::)

I WILL however be staying at the Riverside Holiday Units on the river just near the Mackay Base Hospital. Apparently there is decent fishing under the bridge there, so that makes me a little happy!!! ;D

I arrive Monday, and leave Saturday arvo. If anyone is keen for a drink &/or fish, give me a yell.

Cheers,
Dan

Mick
13-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Howdy dan? Haven't been on ausfish too much lately, been hell busy with work (excluding last week which i spent up in the Hinchenbrook). I doubt I can get to Mackay during the week, but if anything changes I will let you know. Vise versa if you can make it up my way.
I have a ruptured ear drum at the moment (too much diving for crays and trout) so I am out of the water for a few weeks. I have been told that the grunter are going well in the creeks thou. Hope the heat aint killing ya..

Mick