PDA

View Full Version : My Biggest Barramundi (So Far)

Rev
22-04-2002, 06:52 PM
This is my biggest Barra so far.
It went 114cm/38lb and was caught on the 3rd of April this year at the mouth of a small creek in the Mary River system. :-X :-X

The method used was casting to the fish with 16A Bombers.
The rod was a custom Live Fibre 6kg Rod with a Calcutta 250 spooled with 14lb Fireline and an 60lb Momoi leader.

The fish took the lure within 2 metres of the boat.

This was the end of three days of great fishing during which we landed 9 Barra over a metre, 6 Barra around the 95cm range and dozens in the sizes 75cm to 90cm all of them were fit and fat, Chrome Plated, Yellow Tailed, Saltwater fish, ;D ;D no Swampdogs, you know the fat and slow bronze fish with black tails. :P :P

Rev. ;)

Jack_Lives_Here
23-04-2002, 05:35 AM
Lovely fish Rev. Hey, you've gota couple of guys growing out of your hat.

imported_admin
23-04-2002, 05:32 PM
Rev

Nice fish. Pitty they were not around while I was up there.

I am guessing but did you fish with Obsession fishing charters, and is that the mouth of Tommy Cut you are at?

Fitzy
23-04-2002, 05:46 PM
Lovely fish Rev. Hey, you've gota couple of guys growing out of your hat.

Onya Dave, always on the ball. ;)

Rev, great fish mate!! :D 8)

Fitz

Rev
23-04-2002, 05:51 PM
Yep it was with Braden, but not at the mouth of Tommy Cut.

This creek was much smaller, in fact there was no actual channel out from the mouth and the water was only around 1.5 metres deep at high tide and twice as far along the coast to the west.

During the first three days we fished apart from the big fish we caught, we dropped at least the same amount again over the metre mark and saw around another dozen fish over a metre landed in other boats.

Just too good to be true, if I didn't witness it.

This is a Barramundi hooked by Braden while we were having a drink and then landed by Bob, also in the picture. 123cm/52lb.

Rev.