PDA

View Full Version : Aust salmon in tassie

blaze
07-05-2002, 06:40 PM
This photo is 1 fish of 5 caught (about 2 kgs) all tagged and released. the estimated weight of the biggest is around 3 kg.
3 hookups lost ( barbless flys). 1 fly lost due to a bloody large couta. All took place in about 1.5 hrs at Stanley in the farnorwest of tassie using a 9 weight fly rod. The surprise to me was all the fish fought deep with no tail walking antics

bugman
09-05-2002, 09:45 AM
Blaze,

I was born a nd bred in Tassie and cut my teath on cathing cockie Salmon on the end of the East Devonport breakwater, at the mouth of the Forth River and off the beach at the Heads at Strahan.

Still miss it heaps and went down over Christmas for the first time in 10 years and did some great fishing.

But I've got to tell you that the fishing opportunities here in South East Queensland are boundless.

If you get a chance you've got to try it but then again that's probably why so many of us move up from Tassie to live here in the first place.

Regards Bugman

SHANE
18-05-2002, 06:02 PM
HI FELLOW TASWEEGINS
I HAVE TO AGREE WITH BUGMAN I,VE BEEN UP HERE FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS MYSELF AND LOVE THE FISHING AROUND THE BRISBANE AREA
I,VE LEARN,T ALOT FISHING AROUND MOST OF AUSTRALIA AND WOULD LOVE TO GET BACK AND TRY SOME OF IT OUT ON THE LOCAL FISH AGAIN
ONE DAY IF THE WEATHER EVER WARMS UP DOWN THERE

SHANE

mick
19-05-2002, 05:39 AM
i used to use a bent 3inch bean sinker with a tri hook behind. aussie salmon will hit anythnig moving through the water. also got alot of snook the same way.