PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Longtail Tuna on FLY

Wesley_Pang
10-06-2003, 09:58 AM
Quinny with a Moreton Bay Longtail(Northern Bluefin) Tuna. Quinny released it for someone to play another day.

Wes

Matt
10-06-2003, 12:05 PM
Nice fish quinny - really giving that new rod a workout now eh?

Matt.

Quinny69
10-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Heres 1 that Wes foul hooked, It was released into his esky,,,,,,Actually, he landed this fish on his own witch makes it a damn good capture(and a weeks worth of fresh sushi for the Pang clan)

Quinny69
10-06-2003, 06:25 PM
And heres one of those pics that makes ya casting arm start to have spazms. Some top photography Mr Voltz.

Jack_Lives_Here
11-06-2003, 08:48 AM
Totally different day on Sunday - wind against tide made it ordinary. Shep hooked up Sunday in nearly the exact same spot - was on for about 5 seconds and popped it off - too much drag on it. >:(

Quinny knocked that one over pretty quick - first longie on fly (landed) in the hornbag.

Quinny69
11-06-2003, 09:35 AM
How choppy was it on Sun Dave?Looked windy up here. Still trying to get out in a mates 3.7mtreBass boat :-/,So hope this wind Pisses off b4 the weekend.What fly did Shep have tied on?. Matt Q

Jack_Lives_Here
11-06-2003, 01:12 PM
Slow going and wet - I'd say when the tide turned and started running in it was up around the .5m mark. Add to that the swell kicked up by the ferries and other big things made it ORDINARY.

The fly was one of Voltzy's candies.

thunnus
11-06-2003, 04:36 PM
loooooooooovin it quinny!!!!!

i give a big ten out of ten for da voltz's photo work too - nice one buddy!!!

i tell ya, im dying to get out with you boys real soon, to much study is making me go crazy.

i fished off m'bah on sat for only 2 striped tuna on the troll and one raised sail, and ventured out on sunday into the bay - lots of mac tuna out there, pitty the weather was bloody awful.

cheers, Justin

golden_retriever.
24-06-2003, 06:02 PM
Nice fish quinny,
might see you out there this weekend.
Cheers jason. ;)