PDA

View Full Version : Nice Salmon

Bushbasher
29-06-2003, 06:39 PM
Went out to Millers Hole today and managed to bag out in about 90 minutes...... well , I would have if I'd kept them all. Here's an example of what we were hauling in .It went just on 5kg and was about the average of what we were pulling in today. My mate managed to strip the thread out of the oscillator and bend the shit out of the retrieve hook guide on a Sea Martin I lent him while trying to winch a big mutha up the cliff which should give you some idea of the size of some of the ones that got away, :o ;D ;D
All in all a top afternoons entertainment [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Big_Kev
30-06-2003, 12:32 PM
By the look of it Bush it's a bit cold too.
You must be down South somewhere. What are the Salmon like to eat?
Cheers Kev.

Bushbasher
30-06-2003, 06:05 PM
G'day RH , I'm in Pt Lincoln at the bottom of the Eyre Peninsula and Millers Hole is about 40 minutes drive from here.
There's differing opinion about the taste of salmon but personally I don't mind it at all. The smaller fish I fillet and grill or crumb and with the big fish the meat is minced and mixed with a bit of garlic and onion then rolled into balls , crumbed and deep fried ; it's quite tasty.

Cheers
Bushbasher

Doctor_Bait
01-07-2003, 09:23 AM
I know how good a 5kg salmon is and unfortunately your photo doesn't do the fish justice. You guys are lucky to be able to catch fish of that quality.