PDA

View Full Version : Ladies first fish - big barra

big_george
23-06-2003, 02:50 PM
This beautiful salt water barra was taken by me in the Victoria River, NT. 1st fish I had ever caught & I even landed it by myself. Had trouble lifting it for photo's. (the photographer was a bit slow, took him 10 years to out fish me). Hooked it on a 4" Leeds lure in a blue gold, picked by me at hardboard tackle, Sydney. Even made Terry leadbetter proud of me, and Warren DeWith, Rods & Rifles Katherine, made a bet with me. He thought it was a fluke but I followed it with a 28lb, 2 25's and a 22. Still can't see why the better half continues to buy more tackle when I only used one lure, and still have it. Warren loaned me the Diawa RH21 rod, abu 6000 full of 20lb platypus pretest.

Can't understand why George wants to use Loomis & Chronach's full of braid.

Vote for this fish, it is still swimming up there, plus it will really annoy the big fella if I win!!!!!!!!!

The true fisherperson of the house [smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

swano
23-06-2003, 04:39 PM
don't under stand who would give you a one on that effort AL ? maybe it's george at work [smiley=argue.gif]

big_george
28-06-2003, 02:57 PM
[smiley=gorgeous.gif]I agree Swano, especially if people knew how tall I was. I think it is a tad bigger than the metre Barra at Adelaide River. Timber Creek is definately a great place to fish but they are fit and it took me 20 mins to land the girl. Warren started calling me Dolly Dier. [smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif] Maybe a Loomis could have helped me land it quicker but to be honest, I had know idea how to use a reel. Anyway I did something right.

Haven't got the sack yet after 14 years, it must be the amount of fishing gear I give him for pressie's, with the help of his mates.

Cheers
Big Al

[smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif]

:o :o

big_george
01-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Well I think all these fish deserve something. They took so much skill, commitment to the sport and patience. I take my hat off to everyone with a photo on the site and I think it is to hard to pick a winner, everyone has won....
I'm going to register now as it has created so much interest and it is great to see so many great fish.

Goodluck and keep up this great family sport.
Cheers
Big Al......
[smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif] [smiley=gorgeous.gif]