PDA

View Full Version : Username change.

mini696
26-02-2005, 11:11 AM
Can I change my username without loosing my connection to my previous posts??

Mick

mini696
26-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Don't worry I got it...

Mick

ba229
26-02-2005, 07:25 PM
I'll let you in on a tip.

You can change your username but if I go to PM you I see your old name. I guess this is how the server remembers who is who. Right mini? :-)

regards

imported_admin
26-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Korn / mini696 what you haev done is changed your displayed name. Your membername is still mini696. This is the membername you use to sign in with as well as the membername people need to use to send you a PM.

The problem with having a different displayed name to your membername is that people can not PM you without knowing what your membername is. If they only know you as Korn they can not send you a PM unless they go to a post you put up and then click on the PM icon or view your profile.

If you want to have a different membername I would need to delete your current profile so you can setup another one using the same E-mail address. Either that or setup a new membername under another E-mail address.

Hope that clears things up ;D

mini696
01-03-2005, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the clarification. I must have been having an identity crisis.

Reasons for the changes go like this... Ever since I have been on the net my username has been the same on every site. But the problem is its not my nickname, so having people call me Mini felt really strange.

But who cares anyway...

Back to mini...