PDA

View Full Version : cant get it to work

squidgiepalmer
09-04-2005, 02:55 PM
i have tried twenty time to post pics of flathead of the log have renamed have changed cant get it to post (wat the) i give in mybe if i email to some one else they might get the bloody thing to work i just give up sorry

ba229
10-04-2005, 01:40 PM
Heres your photo.

Some different things need to be right for it to work. I always use file names (the name of your photo) that have NO symbols in them. i.e. no /,!$`~ etc etc

The file name also has to be original. that means that if someone has already posted a photo 2 years ago called "flathead" you can't use it again.

A handy hint here is to add numbers to the end of them. Something like "flathead 1.1111" and "flathead1.2222" etc

Here is a useful link for posting photos click here (http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Chathelp;action=display;num=1074579 208)

File sizes also need to be under 100k. Check this link to see how to resize an image.click here (http://www.ausfish.com.au/cgi-ausfish/board/YaBB.cgi?board=Chathelp;action=display;num=1075561 453)
Do your self a favour and download the program "irfanview". it is very easy to use for all beginners.

One other thing. The file you sent me was in .bmp format. Try changing them to .jpg

Any more questions and I am sure people will help you out.

Regards
Alex

squidgiepalmer
10-04-2005, 01:56 PM
thanks Alex i have downloaded irafanview thats how i sized the first photo but like a new bloke to PC i stuffed up but i will get it soon only been using pc and a little while and lets face it the older you get the harder it is to learn well for some of us anyway thank you for the help.
cheers squidgie (i wil try harder)

ba229
12-04-2005, 05:52 AM
With irfanview you were well on the way then.

Resize the image to about 500 pixels wide and when you go to save it click "save as". Rename it to something original sounding :-) and make sure the drop down box called "save as type" says "JPG - JPEG Files"

I think the dramas you were having was because the file type was bitmap and not jpg.

Good luck and practice makes perfect :-)

squidgiepalmer
12-04-2005, 10:56 AM
practice last night it sayes in that Ausfish thing that pixels be set at 400 did that and JPG but it has more bites than 100 is this right when i get some more fish will set up again got a nice flathead last night on SP but to dark to take photo so gave it a kiss and sent it back thanks ba229
cheers squidgie palmer