PDA

View Full Version : Damn German Emails

seqfisho
21-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Hi All,

Any one know how to stop those damn german emails from filling my ausfish mail box, Im getting about 30-40 plus per day. :o >:( >:( >:( >:(

Regards Glen.

SCOTTYGC
21-05-2005, 09:02 AM
take your email adress off your profile

seqfisho
21-05-2005, 09:31 AM
tried that, it wouldn't let me

Maria
21-05-2005, 09:49 AM
The emails are sent as part of a virus that is sweeping networks everywhere. My university email account's been flooded all week with crap. Perhaps install some form of spam filter that you can customise.

Ben

wacco_fozzy
21-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Download Mailwasher Pro (www.mailwasher.net), it's freeware for one email account. You set the filter up quite easily and the program will, over time, block 99.9% of spam emails.

It's brilliant, particularly if you're on dialup and it costs you time and download limits to find the stupid things in your inbox. Mailwasher lets you delete or bounce them from the email server, so the messages never make it onto your PC.

Good Luck, Dave

megamont
21-05-2005, 12:15 PM
I use Mailwasher Pro,
NO spam gets through once you set the filters.
Megamont

cHiCo
21-05-2005, 02:50 PM
Yeh Griffith Uni has been hammered with them. Should be right now though.

imported_admin
21-05-2005, 04:40 PM
You are probably getting the E-mail due to someone that has visited the site or has you in their address book being infected. Your address is then used to send E-mail to as well as it can be used as the from address to try and make the E-mail look real to the receiver

Make sure that in your profile you have the box ticked "Hide Email from public?" this will stop your E-mail address being spread around the place and it will not be in the web pages that are in peoples cache.

seqfisho
23-05-2005, 08:25 AM
Thanks Steve,

That has slowed them down but not stopped them, how would mailwasher help as I access my ausfish mail from various pc's.

Regards Glen.

imported_admin
23-05-2005, 12:38 PM
In your case mailwasher would not work.

Mail washer is designed to be used on your main PC and it checks and clears/cleans out the SPAM before you download your mail with your mail program.