PDA

View Full Version : Site Problems over last 3 days

SeaSaw
01-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Steve,

You asked for some feedback on any site problems since you upgraded the chat board. I have been having problems with the site constantly going down (usually lasts for about 10 minutes). It is not just the chat boards as I can't get to the home page either. It has been happening 5 or 6 times a night over the last 3 or 4 days. I have never had this kind of problem in the past and am not having any trouble with any other sites I go to.

I am also getting "page loaded with errors" problems on the chat boards a lot of the time. I would be interested if there are problems generally or if it is just me.

One other thing I noticed is that the search function no longer has a check box that forces it to only display one message for each thread. This makes it almost impossible to find things now as you get 25 results from one thread.

Hope this feedback is useful. Keep up the great work [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Thanks,

Mark

imported_admin
01-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback

Search feature is now back working

Will look into the other stuff. I am still waiting on the server to be updated so that will account for the speed issues.

imported_admin
01-06-2005, 06:48 PM
"page loaded with errors"

Can you tell me what browser you are using and what version?

SeaSaw
01-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Steve,

I am running Internet Explorer 6.0.2. I probably should not have put quotes around the error message. I thing the actual wording is "done with errors on page".

Mark

imported_admin
02-06-2005, 07:09 AM
I ran version IE 6.0.2800.1106 and can not get the error to happen.
I usually use Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/central.html for my web browsing though.

Will keep looking into it.

SeaSaw
02-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Steve,

I am on a later version 6.02.2900.2180. #If the site going down is related to performance issues then I suspect the errors on the page are too, as the site is usually very slow when these errors occur. #Most likely a timeout on loading some of the graphics which don't display whenever I get the error on page problems.

Thanks for looking into it. #If it is still a problem after the server upgrade, I'll pass on what details I can find.

Cheers,

Mark

skippa
03-06-2005, 04:49 AM
Steve,

had a few probs lately too. message comes up can't find local server. Using same browser as Mark. Also hapens with Opera, my backup browser. Only been happening the last few days and is usually back online after about 5 minutes. It's a bugger when writing a post and you go to sent. But I just cut'n'paste to word doc and send later.

Great site Steve, Thanks for all your work.

Cheers,
Tony 8)