PDA

View Full Version : Public meeting of The Fishing Party Queensland

BAIT_MAN
17-01-2006, 09:24 PM
The Fishing Party Queensland is coming to Brisbane South!

A public meeting is being held in the Stradbroke Room of the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club, Fairlead Crescent, Manly at 7.30pm #on Tuesday 7th February.

Everyone is welcome – existing Fishing Party members, potential members and anyone interested in the protection of our recreational fishing future.

The purpose of the meeting is to form a Brisbane South Branch of the Fishing Party. # #This will give us local representation on recreational fishing issues as well as a way to support the Party whose political presence is already being felt in the halls of power.

Recreational fishing has become a political football, and as an organisation we have a better chance of being heard and making a difference in the protection of our lifestyle and livelihood. #

Everyone is welcome – existing FPQ members, potential members and interested parties who want to be involved in the protection of our fishing lifestyle

Membership Applications will be available for those who wish to join the fight.

Guest speakers on the night will include Kevin Collins Qld #Chairman.

Topics include

- # # # #Who is the Fishing Party and what have they done?

- # # # #The proposed closures to Moreton Bay and other areas?

- # # # #The political landscape and why all these threats to recreational fishing?

Nominations for office bearers will be taken and voted upon by financial members on the night.

We will be heard, and we will fish!

If you need further details please phone 0409343515 or email smboese@bigpond.net.au

Big_unit
17-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Good job Shane, I cant get there but I wish you guys all the best and I know it will be a sucess.

Cheers
James

kc
17-01-2006, 11:07 PM
Well done Shane on having the get up and go to reach this point. It is a big effort. Too many people take the She'll be right attitude. Let me say SHE WON'T BE RIGHT.

I personally look forward to meeting you and any members, ausfishers and interested others, including those who don't agree with us. What is really interesting is that in member numbers alone TFPQ is the fastest growing political party in Australia....interesting statistic.

Booked my flights tonight.

Regards

KC