PDA

View Full Version : Tinnie & Tackle Show big success for TFPQ

BAIT_MAN
09-04-2006, 09:33 PM
The Tinnie and Tackle show has been and gone and i have to say that it was a very big success for The Fishing Party Queensland. I would first like to give my very personal thanks to Matt, Mitch, Martin, Troy, Dave, Jermery, Tim and Darren for all the time that they gave to the show with out you guys we could have not done what we done over the three days. My thanks must also go to the BIAQ, Peter Scott from Alltype printing, Howie from Signmart printing for their support that they gave us and last but not least the fisherman and fisherwomen that took the time to here what we had to say and fill out our survey. Over the three days we had some 30,000 pepole walk past our stand and we spoke to at least 4 to 5,000 people between the 9 off us and the responce was far grater that i ever expected and it is a credit to the public that they can see what will happen to Moreton Bay if we sit on our backsides. As someone said in another post that they think that our votes will half at the next election mate i got to tell you that you better think again. So once again to everybody that was there to help and to those who gave as support THANKYOU and because of that it has given me so more drive to take this fight all the way to the bitter end.

bugman
10-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Shane,

I didn't say I think it would half - it was a question to Kevin on a possible scenario. Although I'm still convinced that across the state the overall numbers will drop.

Again - I'm not belittling your efforts. Last time round the GBR closure was "in you face" huge for fishing in QLD. This time round you don't have the same big event to galvanise support.

My personal opinion is that people's day to day living prejudices i.e. income, health, education, work choices etc will overide a single issue party.

For your sake I could be proven wrong :-)

Brett

Big_unit
11-04-2006, 11:16 AM
Got any other photos Shane ?

I really wanted to get down there but due to my little man arriving I couldnt. I just want to see what you guys set up, so we have something to go on for Hervey Bay.

Cheers
James