PDA

View Full Version : noosa 6 knots?

lippa
07-05-2006, 06:34 PM
what the story? are they making the speed limit on the noosa river 6knots the whole way through? or is it just a certain section?

fish2eat
09-05-2006, 12:12 PM
It is a complex proposal, breaking the river up into 5 sections, all with different limits

Main change will be all waters downstraem of the "T-Boats jetty" to the mouth will be 6knots

southernson
15-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Thats a bit over the top i think. I thought they were going to be making restrictions for jetski operators including banning them from habour town upstream, but 6knots for all craft down stream of t-boat is way over the top. The majority of closer canals and a like down that way are 6 knots anyway. It hardly makes sense to make an open river run such as that stretch 6knots. If so would this be right to the bar? 20knots as it stands is resonable and is understandable why downstream of habourtown is 20knots instead of 40, although i'd be willing to say that 50% of boats are doing more than 20knots.The bigger boats that use that stretch of water create more wake at 6 knots than they do at 20 ne way, the humble little tinny doing anything greater than 10knots in most cases creates almost nil wake at all. Id like to know the reason for these new speed limits if they are brought into place.
Thats my two cents.
Cheers

southernson
15-05-2006, 12:32 PM
Just checked out the Noosa Shire Council Website and found the Document in regard to the rezoning of speed limits throughout the noosa river, link below.
http://www.noosa.qld.gov.au/docs/SpeedLimitReviewFinal.pdf
Not happy Jan!!!!!! >:(

lippa
15-05-2006, 08:58 PM
bugger me sell the outboard a buy a row boat

seatime
16-05-2006, 07:30 PM
It's the way of the future it seems. There's sure to be a lot more speed restrictions around soon. With the increased traffic on the confined waterways some of the less experienced skippers in their high powered craft may be better off at 6 knots.

southernson
16-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Maybe a learner permit scheme or alike should be introduced then similar to driving a car. New south wales learners arent allowed of 90km. Not a hope of working but makes as bout as much sense as wat local governments/councils are trying to imply. i'll admit that there are several things that have been introduced that are of benifit but i dont beleive this particular topic is appropriate. Especially for that size of stretch of water.
Cheers