PDA

View Full Version : MORE NATIONAL PARKS FOR MR BEATTIE

jack1
05-06-2006, 09:26 AM
The Beattie Govt has recently announced the spending of $27 million dollars for the purchase of new National Parks. With all the problems thay have had with HEALTH, WATER, ROADS, ETC (you name it). I would think the majority of taxpayers, voters, citizens would preferr the money spent on other more urgent needs. How many National Parks do they already have? 100, 200. are they being adequately looked after?. When are they going to get their priorities in order.
You may ask, what has this got to do with fishing?. How many pro fishing licence's would 27 million dollars buy out.
Where is the Opposition, will we hear them opposing it, or are they content to argue amongst themselves and do nothing.

karana
05-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Yep, more wildnerness to be over run by feral animals and weeds, to have restricted access to the general public to be placed on it and to be underfunded and under resourced like many of the recently declared 'national parks'.

There will be another large surplus as well. The next edict will be for certain department s with weak ministers to tighten their belts because there is 'no money' to be shared. Somehow they want to be like a company and run big profits oopps surplus and keep us worried about general services. You know keep pointing to the federal government because it is their fault when really the states have never had it so good.

seatime
06-06-2006, 06:59 PM
An interesting story from when I lived in Glen Innes. Friends owned large properties on the old GI road to Grafton. Gov't of the day (labor)decided to take a few thou acres and make Broadmeadows National Park (near Guy Falks & Wild Rivers NPs). Same one was on the news about 6 yr ago when rangers where shooting brumbies on camera.
These tracts had been grazed on for 150 yrs, 2 yrs after they were evicted the fires incinerated almost everything. Hadn't happened in the previous 150yrs because the undergrowth and rubbish had been removed by the stock. The regrowth was estimated at 15-20 yrs for the hard woods, but of course the introduced species have taken hold and a lot of the area now needs clearing.
Great job in preserving the environment for future generations, tossers!

theoldlegend
06-06-2006, 07:34 PM
It keeps the greenies happy though, in return for the greenies' preferences come voting time.

I can remember when the NPWS took over Fraser Is from the Forestry Dept years ago, and had no funds to maintain fire breaks etc. Used to hire the Forestry machinery and then couldn't pay the bill.

Now they gazette national parks and can't control the weeds and feral pests. But, as I said, it keeps the greenies happy...................................

TOL

hussy
08-06-2006, 12:16 PM
thats why peoples houses burn down in bushfires, because of bloody greenies

baldyhead
09-06-2006, 10:49 PM
I have a friend who reckons that in order for scumbag beattie to capture the indigenous vote he buys cattle stations or won't allow the leases to be renewed then converts them to national parks which then clears the way for an Active Native Title Claim to be wagered on said national park.
Doing this ensures that he gets the black vote all over Qld.
I reckon that my friend isn't too far wrong either.

rickraider
10-06-2006, 08:25 PM
i like national parks :-[

Feral
10-06-2006, 11:22 PM
thats why peoples houses burn down in bushfires, because of bloody greenies

No, those of us who live in the bush or on acreage know the risk is we could get burned out. Same as fisho's know the risk that one day going over the bar, they may not come home.

Not a great individual risk, but it happens every year.