PDA

View Full Version : please explain??????

choppa
28-06-2006, 08:56 PM
i sent russ boadle an email to follow up on a thread that i cant locate via search with regard to the progress on our fellow fisho friends who think ""taking"" is easier than ""waiting"" for a mudcrab feast,,, this was a caught in the act prosecution of checking and taking what is not yours to check/take,,,,,, #response received today as follows;

"Dear Choppa,
I have been in contact with Mackay QBFP district officer Dan Stampa who informed me the Patrol's prosecution charges have been forwarded to Legal to be progressed to the court. This process can take 12 months or more so the Murray Creek matter is still in train. Fisheries Legislation penalties imposed by the Mackay Court for charges that are deemed significant and newsworthy are generally well covered / reported by the Mackay Daily and ABC Topical North and myself.
cheers Russ Boadle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, 23 June 2006 3:27 PM
To: Boadle, Russ
Subject: dpi news release, 10 april 2006 update

russ,,, as an avid reader of your news release page,, #is there any chance of an update on the release posted on the above ,, of the 2 men that were apprehended in the murray creek area for theft and possesion of muddies from set traps??????

thanks, as always

choppa

********************************DISCLAIMER******** ********************

just another 20 cents worth in the pot from me,,,,,,but,, if it takes 12 months to set a date before the court to hear this or any case,,that relates to fisheries,, is it a wonder that the fines imposed are tragically low as i posted in another thread not so long back,,,,,,,

russ boadle,, full credit for keeping us informed & i must say,, he has responded quite quickly compared to some,, but it just makes me wonder why if your caught in the act ""STEALING"" within the fishery legislation,, the overall hold up is longer than the police legislation?????????????

oh,,,, and the report a few weeks back re the other crabbers caught,,,,,,,,,still pending as well

thesimmos
02-07-2006, 09:39 PM
Choppa,

Am I reading this right?
12 months wait for a hearing?

I guess it isn't really something that is really 'that' important...
Although I would be feeling different if it was my crab pots raided.

Simmo

gunnabuild1
02-07-2006, 10:00 PM
At least over the next 12 months they will get enough crabs and pots to cover their court costs.As I understand it they confiscate anything used in the act [boat ,trailer,car etc ]so do they wait 12 mths to get them to or have they already disappeared before court date.