PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay Marine Park start date

deb
19-07-2006, 06:37 PM
Has anyone heard anymore on this? Apparently its a dead duck, done deal, greens managed to draw green map or one rod only, over most popular rec fishing areas etc etc, but the website is still not showing a likely start date?

BAIT_MAN
19-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Hi dreamdays
From what i understand is that that start date for the new regs in the GSS is the 1st August 2006. As far as the one rod one hook it depends what area you are in. Below is the links that will help and yes we have been shafted again by the greens and their way that they have with the bettie goverment
http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/media/parks_and_forests/marine_parks/great_sandy_designated_areas_map.pdf

http://www.epa.qld.gov.au/media/parks_and_forests/marine_parks/Table_1_media_sheet_optn1.pdf

Hope this helps

Shane

hercules
19-07-2006, 10:15 PM
got an email today from the powers to be and they said the start date is 31 august
regards Craig

sealife
19-07-2006, 10:26 PM
I think you might find that the commercial fishing section had alot to do with the make-up of the zoning plan.........

deb
20-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks guys, Craig do you trust the 31st? I hope so at least that means one more holiday for us without the restrictions.

Thanks for link Shane, have downloaded the draft and laminated it, will be taking it with us just to get visual bearings on it.

It is just so sus, the popular listed rec areas are the ones targeted, not the popular dive spots their still open if you look closely.
I think rec fishing boats are simply more visible and as much as I like looking at the pictures of the fish in the magazines, i wonder sometimes are we inadvertently assisting the greens push their case.

Moreton Bay Green Dugong areas will be next target for sure.

hercules
20-07-2006, 06:52 PM
i suppose i have to trust the date they sent me , as i don't know who else to ask ?
Looking at the info on the web it looked more like the first of august than the 31st but not set in concrete, thats why i asked for clarification as i was hoping to fish th spit next week .
Anyway my conscience is clear until the end of august ;)
regards Craig