PDA

View Full Version : Moreton Bay Access Alliance

gif
19-08-2006, 08:04 AM
WORKING TOGETHER TO SAVE MORETON BAY

The recently formed Moreton Bay Access Alliance comprises recreational, commercial and traditional fishing interests and industry. The group is made up of heavy weights from across the fishing world including the seafood, boating and tackle industries.

Spokesperson for the MBAA, Donna Browne announced “the Moreton Bay Access Alliances’ one aim is to ensure Moreton Bay remains open in its entirety to recreational, commercial and traditional use.”

“It is estimated that each year up to 500 000 people fish in the bay, and thousands more enjoy the fresh local seafood. The industry supporting this is enormous and represent a significant part of South East Queenslands’ job force.” said Donna Browne.

Donna Browne went on to say “Moreton Bay Marine Park is up for review soon. The Beattie Government has declared this will take place after the election.

There are interest groups lobbying to have significant closures in the Bay. We want to have a say on the future of Moreton Bay, and to have both Labor and the Coalition to state their positions on future of access to Moreton Bay for fishing.

Media Contact: Donna Browne MBAA Spokesperson
Mobile: 0400 025 029

BIAQ - Charter Operators - EFFA - Fishing Clubs - Sunfish
QSIA - MBSIA - Morgans Seafood

gif
19-08-2006, 08:24 AM
This is a group formed in a hurry but working hard.

Groups from Rec fishing commercial fishing seafood shops etc together under one banner

As you can guess that that is hard to do. but its a fantastic achievement. It is not so much for individuals but for bodies.

2 fishing clubs are already members as is Sunfish and as observers / helpers reps from Fishing Party and Federal politicians And commercial fishing too.

This is non political and defending Moreton Bay. There will be a number of events

• Open letters to the politicians to declare their position

• Demands that fishing gets representation on the Committee that decide Moreton Bay (right now there is only 6 greenie groups)

• A Boaties protest drive - non violent non hassling the public but hundreds of boats to drive past Parliament.

• A rally - where you can come by boat or car and listen to speakers

• A postcard campaign to the Premier - post cards from the boat show and other places - invest in a 50c stamp and send it off to have your say.

If you cant vote Fishing Party in your electorate - then come along and support some of these

More details later.

hicksy
19-08-2006, 08:55 AM
"Demands that fishing gets representation on the Committee that decide Moreton Bay (right now there is only 6 greenie groups)"

Gary what committee are you talking about? I was unaware there were any committees formed at this stage to decide Moreton Bay.

Can you please tell me who the six greenie groups are.

Hicksy

gif
19-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Hicksey

One of the members read out the list at the meeting. They are called “The Six Pack” the only name I recall is AMCS

I will try to get it all – I need it for myself anyway

Gary

Dave

Derek_Bullock
19-08-2006, 01:56 PM
This is a group formed in a hurry but working hard.

Groups from Rec fishing commercial fishing seafood shops etc together under one banner

As you can guess that that is hard to do. but its a fantastic achievement. It is not so much for individuals but for bodies.

2 fishing clubs are already members as is Sunfish and as observers / helpers reps from Fishing Party and Federal politicians And commercial fishing too.

This is non political and defending Moreton Bay. There will be a number of events

• Open letters to the politicians to declare their position

• Demands that fishing gets representation on the Committee that decide Moreton Bay (right now there is only 6 greenie groups)

• A Boaties protest drive - non violent non hassling the public but hundreds of boats to drive past Parliament.

• A rally - where you can come by boat or car and listen to speakers

• A postcard campaign to the Premier - post cards from the boat show and other places - invest in a 50c stamp and send it off to have your say.

If you cant vote Fishing Party in your electorate - then come along and support some of these

More details later.

Well I'll be ................ seems I have read this before somewhere. At that time I was shot down for even suggesting such a group be formed or maybe someone did listen after all.

I am no longer a Queenslander and this is no longer my fight as we have enough happening in NSW but somehow I think that maybe this is to late to save Moreton Bay. I wish you well all the same.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1142126312

Regards

Derek

gif
19-08-2006, 06:11 PM
Derek

Its incredible to me what forrthougt people lack.

Lots of closures in Nth Qld and all the Brisbane peopel said it wont happen here.

G