PDA

View Full Version : Come On Mr Beattie: Take a Kid Fishing

BAIT_MAN
19-08-2006, 12:13 PM
Media Release 18th August 06

Come On Mr Beattie: Take a Kid Fishing

With recreational fishing now clearly one of the “sideshow” issues in the current election campaign, the Fishing Party (Qld) is calling on Mr Beattie to get a better understanding of just what it is that motivates this large community sector.

“Mr Beattie and his Environment Minister need to get out on the Bay and realise that there is more to fish than the menu in the parliamentary dining room”, said Fishing Party candidate for Cleveland Shane Boese.

“This is about the Australian lifestyle & what has shaped our identity”.

“It is about kids and families, it is about boats and fishing, it is about horse riding and our wonderful tradition of outdoor lifestyles”.

“The National Parks and Marine parks belong to us all for sensible, sustainable use.” “They are not the exclusive enclave of the ultragreen lobby and we should be actively involved in them, not excluded from them”, he said.

“Clearly we are now seeing all sorts of reaction from Labor with promises of more boat ramps, new recreational only fishing zones and candidates all over the state now chasing the “fishing vote”.

“We are getting this just by standing candidates, image what would happen if people actually voted for us”.

“So come on Mr Beattie, get out of your air conditioned office, get some kids away from the TV and video games and Take-a-Kid-Fishing, it is a wonderful experience”.

Ends

Media : Kevin Collins 0414 785 462 kc@whitsunday.net.au

madmix
19-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Good to see mention of certain lockouts of National Parks, other than
marine. Mentioned a few months back that affected horse riding
groups and property rights australia could be worthy allies. All have
been shafted at expense of extreme greens.

Where would you find a kid willing to go fishing with Mr Beattie. I
suppose some might do anything to get out of Iraq.

cheers Mick

Adamy
19-08-2006, 11:21 PM
Where would you find a kid willing to go fishing with Mr Beattie. I
suppose some might do anything to get out of Iraq.

cheers Mick
;D ;D ;D I found some..... check out part two of my latest fishing report: http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1155989783 - I think they were paid BIG$$$ ;D ;D