PDA

View Full Version : TFPQ Donations

kc
16-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Guys - The Fishing Party is determined we will be 1000% open and do the right thing.

All donations we receive will be spent with care – we stretch every $ as far as it will go!

But with a snap 3 week election we need donations - and now.

Make sure you send your name and address with the donation - all legal and above board

Cheques or money order from the post office made out to directly to

The Fishing Party Queensland

P.O. Box 5542, Cairns, Queensland 4870

… If you are sending a donation please send an email to the Secretary Wayne Bayne mitchells@iig.com.au so he can bank on it

We are out to save fishing and this time its Moreton Bay and Hervey Bay right now and the Gold Coast within the next year.

Its time to get off the fence this is all won or lost in the next 3 weeks > We will make every effort to spend donations in the electorates which the donor would like. If you are donating for the Moreton Bay seat or a Cairns or Townsville seat please specify in your email.

KC

Gazza
16-08-2006, 02:40 PM
Thanks KC
Every Success

Adamy
16-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Hey Kev, I suppose the party has a bank account and a party secretary or financial officer?? Can I suggest that you allow people to make direct contributions into the FPQ account? - now you will have to work out a system whereby to do this - so you can issue receipts (as donations MAY be tax deductible... but please check this - I am not a tax expert). My feeling is that many people - like myself - might not use checkbooks anymore so direct deposit (internet transfer) may be a viable option.

Anyway just a suggestion.

Regs,

Adam

Lucky_Phill
17-08-2006, 09:54 PM
Some assistance is on the way, KC. ;)

Phill

ps. like the idea Adamy,

gif
19-08-2006, 07:41 AM
Adam

The problem with direct deposits is the legal requirement that donations be recorded.

So any money needs to come in by the slow road with name and address attached.

Gary

lippa
19-08-2006, 05:49 PM
can i send an e-mail with credit card details?

cheers

lippa

Big_unit
20-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Australia Post money orders. Guaranteed if you send via registered post.

Cheers
James

gif
21-08-2006, 10:53 AM
I am pretty sure TFPQ does not have Credit card facilities

gawby
21-08-2006, 11:56 AM
Where do the preference votes go to from the fishing party. :-?
Labour of liberal. :-?
Graeme ;)

Adamy
21-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Where do the preference votes go to from the fishing party. :-?
Labour of liberal. :-?
Graeme ;)

Hi Greame.... the easy answer is that Queensland has a optional preferential voting system - so your preferences go wherever you want them to. You can just vote 1 or distribute your preferences in any manner you see fit. The Fishing Party actaully has no control whatsoever over your preferences.

However - I know your real question - which way is TFPQ leaning?.... well I suppose that will all be answered in good time.... and not by me.... I have very little to do with it.... Over to KC. which way do YOU think they should lean? or does it even matter - as long as you register a vote to protect your rights... then do whatever you want with your own preference - does it really matter which way the party leans?.... not to me!

gawby
21-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Adamy,
Yes you are right, i was realy asking which way they would lean.
I suppose i shouldn't start a political thing but last time i voted labour i voted for Bob HAWKE and i thought he was for the working man but he screwed us like it was his last supper.
So be it i have never voted for the labour party since.
Graeme ;)

Adamy
23-08-2006, 03:39 PM
Gawby... can I ask a dumb unrelated question??? Where the hell is Wonglepong?? Sounds like a made up name - therefore it has to be real!!???? ::)

Re preferences.... I believe the executive are making an announcement soon... at least I KNOW they have to because the How to Vote cards have to be declared (or whatever the process is) by the 1st September.

But it appears that Both libs and labor may run a just vote 1 campaign... if thats the case - why should TFPQ distribute any preferences anywhere?? If thats the case then they would probably be leaning slightly toward the dead centre ;D ;D ;D

Disclaimer: (I have to do this to protect myself... sad really) The above is just my opinion and in no way forms any kind of announcement on or behalf of TFPQ

gawby
23-08-2006, 11:24 PM
Adamy,
Wonglepong is near Canungra, which is in the hinterland behind the Gold Coast. :-?
Best of luck to those involved in the fishing party. :D
Graeme ;)