PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all you Ausfish Members

chubbs
29-07-2006, 09:54 AM
Just wanted to say hello to all you Ausfish memeners out there.

Had a small tinny last year but upgraded to a 5.35 Stacer ready for this season (boat belonged to Gawby). Looking forward to getting out there and catching some...

Kids call me Chubbs so decided to name the boat "Chubbs Tub", should get a smile from some of you.

Mainly launch from Kennady Drive ramp on the Tweed so see you all around.

Chubbs

P.S.
Gawby if you read this thanks for the marks...

skippa
29-07-2006, 12:54 PM
Welcome Chubbs,

Gawby is a great little boat ..... don't be fooled by the GPS marks, they're no good....
they couldn't be, Graeme has never caught anything from them .. ::) ;D

Cheers,
Tony # 8-)

gawby
29-07-2006, 02:36 PM
Chubbs,

Let me congratulate you on buying a mighty fine boat. ;)
As i told your wife on the phone Gawby has been to sea many times and is not scared of ther swells. Gawby loved it out there. :D
If you are game to go to the markes that are in the gps you will find some good ground as we have caught some good fish out there. ::)
Do not take any notice of skippa as he is a dick. ;D
As you may have read in the posts about Gawby ii, there was not a thing wrong with the Gawby but my wife wanted a bigger boat so we bought the Yalta. 8-)
I have a spare block for the prop if you want it. I bought a 2 piece on and fitted it to try and stop the motor from jumping around while trolling but found out it is the way they are. If you want it let me know and i will let you know next time i am down there and give it to you. ;)
I hope you get as much enjoyment out of the boat as i did and catch as many fish as i did at those marks. #:) Some are off fraser island if you are game. :P
I hope if you renamed the boat you went through the denaming and renaming exercise. do do do do #;D
To finish off, welcome to the site, you will get a lot out of it as we have and post your mighty catches from the mighty rig. ;)
Graeme ;)

Bundy_Burp
29-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Hi Chubbs and welcome aboard Ausfish is a great place for fishing and boating information .

Bundy 8-)

shaman
29-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Gidday Chubbs, i'm sure Gawby's boat will have a few stories attached to it, I reckon all good boats have a soul and if you treat 'em with respect they always look after you..........Lucky your kids don't call you Tubs as then it could be called Tub's Chubb :o :o........Billy

Got_the_Fever
30-07-2006, 06:27 AM
Welcome aboard chubbs. You have a great start with that tub, now we are looking forward to hearing some of the results of your excursions.

Kel [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

agnes_jill
30-07-2006, 07:16 AM
Gidday chubbs
Nice rig mate.
On behalf of all the Agnes Water/1770 crew Welcome to ausfish.
Cheers Sandi

aussiefool
30-07-2006, 09:45 AM
G'day Chubbs, welcome aboard looking forward to hearing all about the one that didn't get away.
Aussiefool
Andrew

ps. if you fish midweek and are ever after a deckie I'm up for ir most days ;)

kingcobe
30-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Welcome aboard

chubbs
31-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Thanks to you all, met Gawby (Graeme) at the slip way next to the Grand Hotel and had a good chat after taking the boat out to the SE 24's, not much about just wanted to give the tub a run.

Hope to get out on Weds morning for a real fishing trip, will post pics if we catch anything.

Graeme, send me your number and I'll call about the bit for the boat.

Thanks again

Chubbs (Charlie)

griz066
31-07-2006, 06:34 PM
Welcome Chubbs 8-)

Great_White
31-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Hi Chubbs and welcome to ausfish :)

Great site :) Great people ;) Great yarns ;D

Peter :D