PDA

View Full Version : new Gold Coast

caleb
14-11-2006, 08:39 PM
just wanted to say g'day to everyone. Been living on the cost for 26 years love it & love the fishing

Poodroo
14-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Welcome to Ausfish caleb. What's not to love about fishing eh? ;) Love my fishing too and love coming here on Ausfish and sharing a common interest with fellow hobbiests. Glad to have you aboard.

Poodroo

aussiefool
15-11-2006, 06:14 AM
Welcome aboard mate looking forward to see the ones that dinn't get away ;) ;D

griz066
15-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Welcome aboard mate enjoy the site 8-)

geoff72
15-11-2006, 12:56 PM
gday mate, youve joined the best site on the net. have lived on the goldy for 34yrs myself so if you need any help with locations, give us a tingle.

Pitsta
15-11-2006, 06:17 PM
Ditto to what poodroo said ;)

Mark

thehoodedwarriors
16-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Welcome Caleb... always nice to see new faces hope you have a ball.

Spaniard_King
18-11-2006, 09:17 PM
Caleb, tell us a bit about yourself??

Handy to know what sort of fishing you mdo and your local haunts

Garry

caleb
19-11-2006, 11:06 AM
sorry i don't get much time at the computer we've got a baby nearly 8 months, he keeps us busy.
i used fish a lot out at hinze dam had a v-nose punt, that was excellent we found a spot where we caught bass every time. The thing is we fished with shrimp so me and mate used to snorkle with a bait net around the banks looking under rocks to catch them. We just couldn,t find anywhere the shrimp pots seemed to work. I haven't been back for a couple of years now i would be intersted to know if anyone has success with shrimp pots anywhere on the coast. Because i reckon if you have shrimp at hinze you are sure of great fishing.

cobiaman
19-11-2006, 08:30 PM
the spot on the western side just past the ramp near the mine was a good spot but you can only get there when the dam is nearly empty. nowadays we just use a spotlight with a prawn net and walk the shoreline, always good for a few or you can just go and buy them which is a lot easier

Poodroo
20-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Some of the larger Aquarium retailers sell freshwater shrimp as feeder shrimp for the hobbiest who keeps the predatory fish like Barra and grunters etc. When I went through a bit of a freshwater fishing phase I used to buy a bucket load of them for about $10 and then head off to the dams. Was a lot easier than trying to catch them. Regards,

Poodroo