PDA

View Full Version : What brand jetski

2DKnBJ
07-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Ill start off with saying i know 0 about jetski's.
If you had a budget of 7-8 grand what brand would you buy and why and why would you not look at the others.
The ski will not be used for fishing(unless i ask really nicely)but more for joy riding and pulling the kids around on tubes in the dams.
Any tips on what to look for when looking at them would be appreciated.

Cheers Dazza

Seahorse
07-12-2014, 03:11 PM
Hi Dazza
i feel you will only get someone else trouble for that price. Bite the bullet, save a bit longer and spend at least 12/13000. Get a later model, less hours.
i just sold my yammy.

2DKnBJ
07-12-2014, 07:07 PM
Hey Greg
We are pointing our noses in the direction of Yamaha.
We have seen a couple with low hours (60-80 ) in our price range so will keep looking around.

Cheers Dazza

Lucky_Phill
07-12-2014, 09:00 PM
You've seen mine in action.

I love it. 3 seater, plenty of pulling power and it does double as a " fishing ski " when necessary as it has a big " duckboard". for esky.

Mine had 200 hrs on it when I bought it, but was well maintained and I have just recently had it serviced and mech reckons it's in good order, but will need some new engine mounts next winter.. ( after the summer ski season ).

Mine is basic...... 2008 model.. 4 stroke. No fancy reverse or neutral... and no turbo or super charger.

I think your budget is OK and you will find the right one.

It is a lot of money, so for a few $'s you could get the potential JS looked at by a JS mechanic.

Be aware, there are a lot of " imports " on the market right now, people getting them in from the USA at really low prices and floggin them off for profit.

I think the yamaha and seadoo are the premier brands to look at.

Good luck and see you at the dam... ps.... boxing day is ON :) :)

cheers Phill

2DKnBJ
15-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I'm about to learn a little more about Jet Skis.
Kirsten just bought this little number.
Came with all paperwork and receipts.
Paid $6900.

VX Sport Waverunner Jetski, Purchased new 2011 (2010 model )
34hrs, Not been thrashed, we just used it to run to Moreton / Bribie and around Gold coast sea way.
Just had $640 service including new battery. Ski and trailer registered to sept 2015.
4 stroke, really just run in, only selling because moving overseas in feb
comes with travel cover.
All ready to go for the summer
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDgwWDY0MA==/z/SgMAAOSwofxUjimy/$_20.JPG

Lucky_Phill
15-12-2014, 09:32 PM
That's a great buy I reckon. :)

Mine is a VX sport as well.

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm246/Lucky_Phill/DSCN12301024x768_zps73a81b6f.jpg (http://s298.photobucket.com/user/Lucky_Phill/media/DSCN12301024x768_zps73a81b6f.jpg.html)

cheers

aussiebasser
16-12-2014, 07:52 AM
That looks like a pretty good buy.

Lucky_Phill
27-12-2014, 08:56 AM
We took both jet skis ( and both boats ) out to Somerset Boxing Day.

Had a ball as usual.

Apart from the thrills and spills, the funniest thing was Kirsten asking me while out on the water .. " What are the rules out here ? ". I just said " Give way to your right and don't hit anyone " !!!.............. Kirtsen couldn't see any channel markers :) :)

With 4 boats and 2 jet skis.......... 4 marquees.......... 2 BBQ's and about 22 adults and 8 kids... HUGE !

LP