PDA

View Full Version : Another Noosa River boat damaged by the wash from Discovery

NEW HORIZONS
16-11-2014, 10:23 AM
Futher to my recent post re my boat damaged at the Tewantin ramp courtesy of the wash from the Discovery tour boats, I have received advice from Maratime Safety Queensland that the skipper of the Discovery has been issued with a fine due to the way the boat was operated.

Recently I dropped in to the panel shop where my boat was repaired and they were in the process of repairing another boat with hull damaged by the wash from a Discovery tour boat , makes you wonder how often these events occur.

After my boat was damaged I filed a MARINE INCIDENT REPORT with Maritime Safety which led to the penalty to the operator of the Discovery Vessel , I would urge any boatie who has his boat damaged by discovery to do the same perhaps with more fines they might get the message, make sure you tell your mates.

NEW HORIZONS

tunaticer
16-11-2014, 01:56 PM
I watched one of the taxis enter the Tewantin Marina last night in raging winds at about 15 to 20 knots as they went through the dock opening.......I was about 30m upstream and into the wind from him and still dealt heavily with his wash.