PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Jetski fishing Rack

bobbydazzla
11-11-2014, 09:04 PM
Hi Guys, just wondering if anyone is selling a jetski fishing rack?
I have a 09 FXSHO and am based on the Gold Coast.

Let me know!

Seahorse
13-11-2014, 06:31 AM
Mate just make ur own. I have HO CRUISER and got an 85 litre esky that sits on the back beautifully.
if you buy a rack then they only take a 45 litre esky and new they are $700 or more.

mine will never move. I have a stainless toggle bolt on front of esky to ski hitch spot, then i have 2 stainless smaller toggle bolts at rear of esky down to step.

i bought the esky from evakool direct at coloundra, for half the price of BCF. I paid $169, and as a second it was exactly the same as new. Jump onto evakool site and look under seconds, you will be surprised how many they have.

I have put 4 rod holders onto esky and screwed plastic boxes onto lid to put all my fishing tackle and plastics.

Send me ur email addess and I will send you a pick.

i would say the whole project costs around $250 max and thats an esky 600mm wide. I put full bag of ice inside an will only use about a third after full day of fishing.

cheers
greg

Triple
13-11-2014, 08:12 AM
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?179198-PWC-Rear-Cooler-Rod-Racks

Seahorse
13-11-2014, 09:56 PM
The factory made ones are to expensive and u are governed by where and direction of rod holders.
In my opinion these manufasturers are not fisherman and have no idea.

bobbydazzla
16-11-2014, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the reply guys!
Work away so don't really have the time to make one was hoping someone may have been selling one.
Bd

Seahorse
17-11-2014, 10:48 AM
There are a few on gumtree under jet ski section.

gford001
10-12-2014, 06:01 PM
I followed the directions that I found on this website.
http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=117108
About making a rack out of PVC.
Mine is a bit smaller to accommodate my old ski and its small step.I couldn't change a lot about the overall design though due to the size of the connectors.
The connections were pretty tough to source in Australia, particularly the X pieces of which I needed 21 (some shops wanted $10-$12 a piece for them).
Finally found a place that supplied everything I needed at a decent price.
It was actually a lot of work, and quite a lot of de-constructing and re-building after numerous screw-ups/ modifications that didn't work....
Got it finished, not perfect, but I am pretty happy with the outcome.
Painted in Matt White.
I got one of the Seconds Eski's from IceKool at Caloundra. 45L for $99. Happy with that. Couldve gone a bit bigger, but my ski is pretty small compared to what you can get these days, so I reckon it is a perfect size.

I think the beauty of the PVC is the ability to easily modify and repair it. No welding, just pull it apart and add/remove what you want. Easy to drill and easy to screw. Once you're done, just grab a can of spray paint and no one is the wiser.

Thinking about putting an attachment on top for crab pots....
Something like this, but in PVC http://mmstainless.com.au/pages/Crab_Pot_Packs.html
Will post if I decide to do it.

PixieAU
10-12-2014, 07:10 PM
Wouldn't you glue the connectors together?

gford001
10-12-2014, 08:16 PM
Wouldn't you glue the connectors together?

Yeah. It is strong as.

I guess you have a point. I wasn't real clear. Pulling it apart isn't so straight forward. It is a pain in the ass actually, but easier then having to cut Stainless. You've got to cut it apart, then re-glue the connectors.
Once you glue it back up, you can't tell it was ever apart though.

Seahorse
10-12-2014, 08:19 PM
I made my own. I had it on Yammy HO cruiser.

85 lit esky. All stainless fittings. Boxes are screwed on top for tackle or whatever.

Seahorse
10-12-2014, 08:20 PM
And i forgot to mention, its for sale $250