PDA

View Full Version : Mounting a fishfinder on a Seadoo gtx 260

jkhbay
04-04-2014, 08:16 PM
The Seadoo doesn't have the cup holder for mounting a fishfinder like the Yamaha. Does anyone have photos of how they've mounted their fishfinder on a Seadoo other than on the glove box? Any issues with mounting the transducer internally on the S3 hull? What sounder power do you need for the sounder? How did you run the cables with the suspension deck?

Appreciate any ideas, photos etc.

terryc
07-04-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi Jon,
In answer to your question, i used Sikaflex marine to stick the timber block to my Yamaha Fxsho, and yes it is holding great, wish i had mounted all my transducers this way on my boats, certainly saves boring holes into the transom. The Dragonfly seems good even in the sunlight haven't found any problems other than losing depth reading over 35 knots speed. I don't think the dragonfly transducer would be suitable for inside mounting as they heat up more and need to be in the water for cooling, plus they are long in size. I run mine on a small separate battery which seems to work well.
regards terry

Seahorse
08-04-2014, 04:25 PM
I have mounted mine on transom, but mate did thru hull one. We just cut out piece foam same size of transducer, filled with marine silicon , then pushed transducer into silicon,pressing side to side.

his reads very well at 70 kph

jkhbay
08-04-2014, 10:14 PM
Did you mount the transducer on the transom using a block and silicone? Where/how did you mount the head/display? Do you have a photo you could post or PM? Thanks

I have mounted mine on transom, but mate did thru hull one. We just cut out piece foam same size of transducer, filled with marine silicon , then pushed transducer into silicon,pressing side to side.

his reads very well at 70 kph