PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Wide 30/3

Back In Black
30-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Left Noosa river in heavy fog this morning, crossing bar at 5.45am along with about every boat in the Noosa shire!!

Had Gav (Hookinin) on board & we went to The Hards to investigate some of Gav's marks. Seems our GPS systems must run a different format as we struggled to find them. Gav just started sounding around & came across some good shows, so before we knew it, we had quite a few new marks on board.

Water was 27.1 & just about no current. Fish were a bit slow at first, but we plugged away, & ended up with a good mixed bag of tusks, pearlies, maori cod, an AJ & some hussar.

Thanks Gav for your help today, catching a big heap of fish & getting my sounder to finally show fish!!

Back over the bar at 6pm

Tony

Vitamin Sea
31-03-2014, 05:29 AM
Good work Tony and Gav.

cheers

Bill

FisHard
31-03-2014, 07:04 AM
Nice catch! 27 deg, Geez she's still warm up there!

Back In Black
31-03-2014, 07:06 AM
Nice catch! 27 deg, Geez she's still warm up there!

I was really surprised at the water temp too!!

Tony

Funchy
31-03-2014, 07:07 AM
Nice haul fellas, love ya work!!!

Bremic
31-03-2014, 08:18 AM
Like the colourful mixed bag, a bit of everything.

kaypee
31-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Nice catch mate.. Nothing like finding new ground! Would love to check out your sailfish one day.
Enjoy the fresh fish :)

Back In Black
31-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Nice catch mate.. Nothing like finding new ground! Would love to check out your sailfish one day.
Enjoy the fresh fish :)

Mate, always welcome to come for a fish. If you are ever don this way give me a call.

Tony

Goodoo haven
31-03-2014, 10:44 AM
a nice feed or two of fish there fellas, well done.

SunnyCoastMark
31-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Hey Tony,
Well done.Good haul - some tasty fillets in that lot - should keep you busy for a little while! Looked to be pretty light winds all day? We were going out as well, but the birth of my first grandchild changed our plans...... Did manage to have a quick look at the Bar around lunchtime. - Ankle deep right across. Saw a couple of tinnies attempt an inward crossing only to be dumped on the outer bank. The occupants then had to carry/push their boats around 50 meters or so until they found some slightly deeper water.

Mark

Back In Black
31-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Hey Tony,
Well done.Good haul - some tasty fillets in that lot - should keep you busy for a little while! Looked to be pretty light winds all day? We were going out as well, but the birth of my first grandchild changed our plans...... Did manage to have a quick look at the Bar around lunchtime. - Ankle deep right across. Saw a couple of tinnies attempt an inward crossing only to be dumped on the outer bank. The occupants then had to carry/push their boats around 50 meters or so until they found some slightly deeper water.

Mark

Very nice conditions all day Mark. When we left the Hards, we were sitting on 30-35 knots all the way but that storm that came through about 4.30-5.00pm chopped up the ocean from about 10nm out of Noosa, so we were back to 20 knots.

Had to get out timing right on the bar with the big & small tides after seeing Cougar 1 stuck on the sand for 3 hours on Saturday, crossing 1.5 hrs before a low tide of .2m???

Couldn't land a snapper to save ourselves, but spoke to some blokes who fished the Banks, & thats all they caught??

Tony

Back In Black
01-04-2014, 09:05 AM
Had some AJ last night fresh, & I can honestly say the dogs will enjoy eating the rest of it!!

Tony

hookinin
01-04-2014, 09:11 PM
Well invited the oldies over for fresh fish and chips tonight and I let dad help me fillet them first. Yeah the AJ's i've had have never impressed me either but some people say they are fine so maybe we have just been spoiled. Thanks again for the day on the water its been to long trying to make it happen and hopefully we will get out more often from now on. Already looking at this weekend.

Gaven

bannana
01-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Well invited the oldies over for fresh fish and chips tonight and I let dad help me fillet them first. Yeah the AJ's i've had have never impressed me either but some people say they are fine so maybe we have just been spoiled. Thanks again for the day on the water its been to long trying to make it happen and hopefully we will get out more often from now on. Already looking at this weekend.

Gaven

Gav,

Mate I take my hat of to you for putting up with the muppet. Your like an endeavour foundation looking after the special people of this world. well done.

hookinin
01-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Gav,

Mate I take my hat of to you for putting up with the muppet. Your like an endeavour foundation looking after the special people of this world. well done.
Yeah I like a challenge and fishing beside tony make you feel very skilled.

bannana
01-04-2014, 10:04 PM
I know how you feel mate.

The only problem is I think he out fished me.lol

Back In Black
02-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Gav,

Someone has got to do it, & Gav is used to putting up with his idiot boss, so he feels quite at home with me

Back In Black
02-04-2014, 08:02 AM
Yeah I like a challenge and fishing beside tony make you feel very skilled.

I'm not sure how to even come back at that!! LOL

Unfortunately, I can't even argue or deny the point!

bannana
02-04-2014, 08:09 AM
Hang in there Beaker!!

hookinin
02-04-2014, 08:52 AM
Hang in there Beaker!!

Beaker????

Back In Black
02-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Beaker????

You'll have to jump on the post about deep dropping off Maverick to follow along.

Try keeping up Gav!!

outwide1
02-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Gee Tony, looks like Gav has held out on you bud.
He normally only ever slaps the big ones,whats the go?
I'm starting to work this circle out now,Gav works for Keith and Tony just cops bucket loads of shit off Keith.lol
Good report fellas.
Mick.

hookinin
02-04-2014, 10:23 AM
No I've never had the pleasure of meeting Keith but we do like giving shit to Tony. In my defence we did hit the hards with no marks, a gps doing flips and a sounder that was tuned to read nothing. So after sorting that and finding some areas to fish I then had to catch tony"s share as well all while fishing the middle of the day:)

Back In Black
02-04-2014, 10:58 AM
No I've never had the pleasure of meeting Keith but we do like giving shit to Tony. In my defence we did hit the hards with no marks, a gps doing flips and a sounder that was tuned to read nothing. So after sorting that and finding some areas to fish I then had to catch tony"s share as well all while fishing the middle of the day:)

Don't you think thats a bit harsh Gav??

If my memory serves me corrrectly, it was YOU who set my sounder up originally???

hookinin
02-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Not like that but it does explain why you have been complaining about not seeing fish.
Now stop interrupting my paperwork. Pete arrived home at 3.00 from a week at the Hong Kong 7's so he'll be roaming soon.

outta line
04-04-2014, 07:32 AM
harharhar ..2 funny boyz.... good lot of fish ... pp and parrot yummo.. try the AJ as thai fish cakes.. if there is a next time that is ... how did the BRING IT ON go Tony?? picked up my bunker syndrome yesterday so keen to give it a flogging ASAP...mick

Back In Black
04-04-2014, 05:41 PM
harharhar ..2 funny boyz.... good lot of fish ... pp and parrot yummo.. try the AJ as thai fish cakes.. if there is a next time that is ... how did the BRING IT ON go Tony?? picked up my bunker syndrome yesterday so keen to give it a flogging ASAP...mick

Mick, its like a circus dealing with these clowns!!

Thats about the only way I reckon you'd eat the AJ, done as fish cakes. The Bring It On goes good! Thats what I picked the AJ up on.

Gav reckons it would be ideal for float lining pillies down for snapper. He uses a bit of a broomstick, & I must admit he landed more, actually a lot more, as he thinks the tip might be a bit soft for striking. Banannas method for reds is perfect for the rod, & I can see why he raves about them, as Keith doesn't strike on reds.

Had some hussar for dinner last night. Just beautiful!! But I think Tuskies are still at the top of my list.

Tony

Back In Black
04-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Gee Tony, looks like Gav has held out on you bud.
He normally only ever slaps the big ones,whats the go?
I'm starting to work this circle out now,Gav works for Keith and Tony just cops bucket loads of shit off Keith.lol
Good report fellas.
Mick.

Not sure why everyone hangs it on me Mick?? Gav does't work for Keith, they just tag team dump on me. Imagine if they ever met!!

Gavs out tomorrow & I'm out Sunday, both on the Hards, so we'll see how we go. Conditions are looking pretty good.

Tony

Crossy93
04-04-2014, 07:06 PM
Great feed there tony and abit of fun! Whats the bar like at the moment? Me and dad are staying at munna point caravan park for 2 weeks at easter and will be going out wheather permitting

Back In Black
04-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Great feed there tony and abit of fun! Whats the bar like at the moment? Me and dad are staying at munna point caravan park for 2 weeks at easter and will be going out wheather permitting

She's silted up a bit at the moment, but fine if you cross on the mid to high tides. I try to cross top of the tide & come back 12 hours later.

Heading out about 4am Sunday, so plenty of water.

Tony

Crossy93
04-04-2014, 07:58 PM
She's silted up a bit at the moment, but fine if you cross on the mid to high tides. I try to cross top of the tide & come back 12 hours later.

Heading out about 4am Sunday, so plenty of water.

Tony

Cheers tony, thanks for the advice. I have never crossed noosa but dad has a few times. I'm sure he will most likely ask one of you whats it like closer to the date. Hopefully the weather is alright otherwise he won't be happy as ill drag his sorry ass bream fishing haha!

bannana
04-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Tony/Beaker

mate I wouldn't use a bring it on floating for snapper or bottom bouncing for reefies of morton.

It's exceptional for shallow (5-30 mtrs) water fishing where you don't want the fish to feel your rod.
Fishing for snapper (usually floating with mono) you need less give in the rod so you can set he hooks.

Tee up a trip with gav for up here and we can convert him.

Back In Black
05-04-2014, 05:28 AM
Keith/Bannana,
When I float line for snapper, I use a bait runner. Once the fish takes off, count to 5 & wind, engaging it & the snapper sets the hooks themselves.

I remember some weird, little freaky dude showed me something similar off 1770 when catching reds one day.

Now hang on………...