PDA

View Full Version : Noosa Easter Monday

Back In Black
02-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Headed out 3pm & just went about 4km offshore. Instantly onto some small reefies & several small sharks. Mate Chris caught his 1st coral trout which was great to see (I'm still a CT virgin) & the fishing was good from 3-6pm, but then shut down as soon as the sunset. Had to wait another 2 hours to cross the bar though as it was low tide. There also were plagues of undersized Red Emperor which became a nuisance.
Nice to go so close & do OK

Tony

Funchy
02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Thats more like it mate!!! Well done :thumbsup: What did the damage? Squid? Do you use SP's much?

Back In Black
02-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Hi Funchy,
No, I never use SP's I struggle thinking that plastic is part of a fish' diet?? I know, I am way behind the times. The smelliest pillies we could muster did most of the damage. Interestingly, we had new fresh pillies that were not getting touched, so we started using the old berley pillies & bingo, they were onto it!!
And to top it off, I probably saved 150 litres by not going wide!!

Tony

Goldfinch
03-04-2013, 10:30 AM
Nice catch there Tony. Good to see you getting out more often, especially now that we are coming into soft plastic season ;-)

Back In Black
03-04-2013, 10:33 AM
You are a funny man Dave- I can't even see the reason you use a jig head & then put apiece of pillie on it?? Makes no sense to this simple fisherman.
Good to see the inner reefs are starting to fire up again.

Tony

Goldfinch
03-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Naaa......it was a piece of hussar mate. lol. The placcies don't seem to work very well up here in Summer but in winter they catch the quality fish. C u at the ramp again soon :-)