PDA

View Full Version : ramp it up is ONLINE NOW!!!

netmaker
13-01-2013, 03:47 PM
hi all. it's done. the site is active. ramp it up is online! please show your support by forwarding links to your boatie mates and facebook pages etc. if you haven't signed up, please do: http://www.rampitup.net.au/
help us to protect boaties interests for now and for our future boating generations.

Gon Fishun
13-01-2013, 03:57 PM
hi all. it's done. the site is active. ramp it up is online! please show your support by forwarding links to your boatie mates and facebook pages etc. if you haven't signed up, please do: http://www.rampitup.net.au/
help us to protect boaties interests for now and for our future boating generations.

Hey, good site Dave. Very interesting and informative. Have joined and have a short cut on the desk top.
Cheers.
Bob.

Funchy
13-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Onya Netty, just signed up mate

Spaniard_King
13-01-2013, 04:02 PM
Registration complete

Angryant
13-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Nice one dave - have joined and I look forward to us making some real progress from here.
Cheers,
Angry

rosco1974
13-01-2013, 04:23 PM
just joined davo

dop
13-01-2013, 09:50 PM
RE-RAMP IT UP
Registration competed
Dop

Fillet`n`Release
13-01-2013, 10:54 PM
Just had a read. Was only casually aware of the Wello situation, and seems worse than I realised. We're fighting the MBRC in a comedy of errors way up here too. Think they all need a dose of common sense. Really wish you guys the best of luck !

EMURUNNER
14-01-2013, 06:32 AM
rego complete

finga
14-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Gees I hope I never get in Davo's bad books.

Well done. The site is a very easy site to navigate and has some very good, straight to the point information.
A section that I think may be worthwhile is a picture gallery with largish pictures and dates showing the exact nature and frequency of the problem. An ongoing picture log so to speak.

netmaker
14-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Gees I hope I never get in Davo's bad books.

Well done. The site is a very easy site to navigate and has some very good, straight to the point information.
A section that I think may be worthwhile is a picture gallery with largish pictures and dates showing the exact nature and frequency of the problem. An ongoing picture log so to speak.

thanks scott. really, i am mild mannered and easy going. this is just my way of dealing with the frustration we are facing on a sometimes weekly basis. you could call it therapeutic. i also think it is a matter of "the planets aligning". the way it has all come about is quite amazing. having met the pr man at councils meetings and then having an old school mate (now in web design) that i hadn't seen in 20 years come visit with another friend is too coincidental. there is no way i would have been able to spend the dough for the web work had it not been done at mates rates. as far as picture galleries go, i have bought one of those action cams with a windscreen mount and will continue to take video footage at the point. i have enough photos of illegal parking from the past 6 months to fill a dozen websites. we will be looking at ongoing updates although i will be trying to annoy my web mate as little as possible.

Peter4
14-01-2013, 09:18 AM
I signed up Dave - you are to be commended on your methodical and dedicated approach to a problem that affects so many...

I doff me cap to ya!

theoldlegend
14-01-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm in.

TOL

alba
14-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Well done Dave, we all complian about the situation but it takes a dedicated person with drive to do something about it. I to have signed up. This may be a template for all these other frustrated fisho's up and down this great state.
Alba

Gon Fishun
14-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Hey Mods. Should this thread be a sticky?

Dicktracey
15-01-2013, 01:53 PM
At least your leaving the Snaps alone ;)
All jokes aside mate good work

daveo17
15-01-2013, 03:51 PM
are the people on the original bbq list already signed up? or is the site separate?

netmaker
15-01-2013, 04:09 PM
are the people on the original bbq list already signed up? or is the site separate?

already signed up dave. no need to re-do.

murf
15-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Done :) looked at that car park a couple of times and giggled at what a joke the poor boaties have (sorry its only just hitting my area now :( )

hope your shirt turns up soon mate and top effort re the web site

cheers Murf

netmaker
15-01-2013, 05:38 PM
thanks murf. got it yesterday. will be able to attend dicks fancy do in uniform now:)

murf
15-01-2013, 05:44 PM
thanks murf. got it yesterday. will be able to attend dicks fancy do in uniform now:)

haha top stuff (hope it fits) told ya it was in the mail :)

cheers Murf

Feral
15-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Netmaker, looks like you need a few of these, recommended for fixing up boat ramp disputes (fair dinkum - read the fine print).

Probably also handy if you live in Douglass Street at Woodridge. ;D

netmaker
16-01-2013, 05:29 AM
thanks feral. they do look alright too!

netmaker
19-01-2013, 02:05 PM
ok. my teenage daughter has helped me do a facebook link to ramp it up site. those on fb please go do whatever it is everyone does there? i think that means likes and shares?
thanks

2IC
19-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Geez Dave I was just about to sign up lucky I looked at post 18 so when is the BBQ going to happen need at least 4weeks notice so we can get a huge roll up

netmaker
19-01-2013, 06:32 PM
Geez Dave I was just about to sign up lucky I looked at post 18 so when is the BBQ going to happen need at least 4weeks notice so we can get a huge roll up

won't matter if you do it again either mate. - especially if your email has changed in the last few months. i will be sending an email out within the week proposing all of the 4 sundays in feb and will crunch the rsvp's to work out the best one. i would say that if only 1/4 show up we will still have boat trailers half way back up main road at this rate. may need to consider a shuttle bus...

Mark Robinson MP
20-01-2013, 09:18 PM
By way of update on Wellington Point boat ramp for Ramp-it-up website and AUSFISH viewers, I have encouraged the Council to return all of the dedicated bays back to boat parking, unless some other mutually acceptable approach can be found. While I am sympathetic to the local businesses and those who need a parking bay for their car, the presence of the boat ramp means a large number of parking spaces are required for dedicated use.

Mark Robinson MP
20-01-2013, 09:22 PM
My comments on Wello Point boat ramp in Bayside Bulletin http://www.baysidebulletin.com.au/story/1241885/robinson-backs-boaties-at-wellington-point/?cs=213

netmaker
21-01-2013, 05:42 PM
thanks mark. a step in the right direction, but when you consider that on new years day there were an additional 29 bays stolen and only 34 bays were used by boaties those 12 bays are virtually irrelevant. what is of more concern is the total arrogance and contempt for boaties displayed by this council in bringing in this unfunded, unmeasurable trial only weeks after being sent photographs of our rigging bays being taken up by single cars.

netmaker
21-01-2013, 06:00 PM
for those interested, this is the legislation from the state government regarding public ramp facility management.

Part 2 Public marine facilities

management

Division 1 Management

5 Manager appointed

An entity mentioned in schedule 1 is the manager of the

public marine facility stated opposite the entity in the

schedule.

Note

Under the Act, section 519(2), a person mentioned in that section is

taken to be appointed under the Act, section 459 as the manager of a

public marine facility constituted by a wharf or other harbour work

mentioned in section 519(1).

6 Condition of appointment

The appointment of every manager is on condition that the

manager must not allow the public marine facility to be used

for a purpose other than a genuine private recreational boating

purpose without the prior written consent of the chief

executive.

7 Manager’s responsibilities for managing public marine

facility

(1) The responsibilities of a manager in managing a public marine

facility include—

(a) replacing pile moorings, buoy moorings and dinghy

racks in the facility; and

(b) maintaining roads, parking areas, amenities and gardens

in the facility; and

(c) maintenance dredging in the facility, other than

dredging of channels to landings and boat ramps; and

Angryant
21-01-2013, 08:06 PM
So Dave, is the Manager defined as an entity such as Redland City Council or is it a position such as the CEO of RCC?
Either way negligence is the only way I could consider management of this facility.

Angry

netmaker
22-01-2013, 06:23 AM
i believe the entity is the manager and yes, i use the term loosely...

Gazza
23-01-2013, 03:31 PM
http://www.fishnet.com.au/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1172281#1172281

Kind Regards
Gazza

Mark Robinson MP
25-01-2013, 03:41 PM
Dear Netmaker. Wrt your interest in ramps, I was at Manly harbour yesterday with Neil Symes MP celebrating the fact that a solution has been found to the problems the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club was experiencing. While I was there we also discussed the recent announcement that the public boat ramp at Manly harbour was to benefit from the Marine Infrastructure fund that I promised we would establish (in my time as Shadow Minister for Marine Infrastructure) should we become government. While I don't have the detail in front of me I believe it includes pontoons and other improvements to the ramp. This is part of the first round of funding. Other local areas can apply for funding as a consortium eg. Councils-Rec Fishing Groups-Boating Clubs etc for boat ramps, pontoons, fishing platforms, artificial reefs etc. As there is a finite amount in the fund each year, the proposals are prioritised. But it provides an opportunity for local areas to get together and get some infrastructure. Would love to see you use your energies to promote this and help get some new proposals together.
Regards, Mark
PS: WRT Wello Point, I am standing with the boaties to hold onto the parking bays. But ultimately it is the local councillor who people should talk to about it as it is a Council jurisdiction. I wouldn't want to be accused of Big brothering her.

netmaker
27-01-2013, 05:45 AM
Dear Netmaker. Wrt your interest in ramps, I was at Manly harbour yesterday with Neil Symes MP celebrating the fact that a solution has been found to the problems the Moreton Bay Trailer Boat Club was experiencing. While I was there we also discussed the recent announcement that the public boat ramp at Manly harbour was to benefit from the Marine Infrastructure fund that I promised we would establish (in my time as Shadow Minister for Marine Infrastructure) should we become government. While I don't have the detail in front of me I believe it includes pontoons and other improvements to the ramp. This is part of the first round of funding. Other local areas can apply for funding as a consortium eg. Councils-Rec Fishing Groups-Boating Clubs etc for boat ramps, pontoons, fishing platforms, artificial reefs etc. As there is a finite amount in the fund each year, the proposals are prioritised. But it provides an opportunity for local areas to get together and get some infrastructure. Would love to see you use your energies to promote this and help get some new proposals together.
Regards, Mark
PS: WRT Wello Point, I am standing with the boaties to hold onto the parking bays. But ultimately it is the local councillor who people should talk to about it as it is a Council jurisdiction. I wouldn't want to be accused of Big brothering her.

thanks mark. i am currently involved in one such proposal for research grants and also have signed a contract with oceanwatch to maintain a TAngler fishing line bin at the point. i am not simply about complaining although our council does make it easy. i would be very interested in trying to arrange a funding application for the point but am doubtful as to council favouring any sort of dual application with ramp it up. any assistance you could provide in pointing me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
i also doubt any sort of favourable outcome on the parking with the councillor for the point. my last 2 emails to her have yet to be answered. i have had many email communications with her and whilst she has been keen to distance herself from the parking trial and tell me how she doesn't agree with it on holidays etc, when i questioned her about the other 29 bays stolen from boaties on new years day, she has unfortunately decided to no longer reply to my emails.

netmaker
27-01-2013, 09:21 AM
i probably should have added that at the initial community meeting, boaties proposed new infrastructure but we were advised that state government "green" tape would put the kybosh on that. i also wonder why council is not already involved in seeking state funds to improve facilities at the point. is this something that ratepayers are meant to kick off? if so, why are we supposed to be planning for future facilities? shouldn't this actually be a part of councils job? don't we as rate and rego payers already pay them for facilities and upkeep?

netmaker
31-01-2013, 10:06 AM
hi all. well it's booked in. sunday february 24 at wellington point reserve. i will be setting up at 6am and aim to start cooking about 7.30am. all those on my email list should have received an email by now. if you haven't, please contact me. any others wanting to attend, also please contact me with numbers asap so i can attend to catering needs. note that our permit requires no glass containers or alcohol and also remember the image that we portray is of the utmost importance. should be a great bash. and don't forget your boats! if the weathers good that day i see no reason not to head out on the bay for a bit of fun in the arvo.
cheers
dave