PDA

View Full Version : yes more marlin report's but don't tell dick

Humdinger
28-12-2012, 06:15 PM
another great day out off point lookout with the shy guys on board

poor harry feeling a bit sick (something to do with a bottle of whisky or something like that )
meet madmackeral on a glassed out bar for a great run out to point lookout
a bit of trawling around the 7's for 0
then decide to keep going south just about to doze off then off goes the electric reel for a great display of a marlin dancing on the water , got him near the boat and bugger broke the line .

a bit more of a hungover troll then harry's on . marlin on a hard body diver this 1 came in without too much drama a few pics and he swims away
a few more hits for nothing then off goes my rod again another marlin boated
score for marlin for the day was something like 7/3/2
but shhh don't tell dick tracy cause he bought a black motor and didn't go saturday

back to the hoo spot to land a yeehar and a yahoo then home we come

poor dick 1 day mate hey tomorrows saturday:o

rosco1974
28-12-2012, 06:42 PM
well done fellas

shy guys
28-12-2012, 06:43 PM
What a day out started out by wakeing up at 130 am feeling very sick bret thinks I drank a bottle but I insisted I shared it with the other guy in my head anyways got ready in the car short stroll to brets he is ready i was feeling seedy as I think this is going to be an awfully dreadfully day as we went out Wednesday and seabreeze got the weather spot on as usual greeted with a 25knot south westerly by 8 am slow trip home did manage 1hoo and 3-1-1 on the bills anyways this mornin get greeted with a glassed out bay sit on warp speed out wait to perry at the bar shoot out to be greeted with perfect ocean conditions still feeling well lets just say thank god conditions were perfect as I would of been hanging over the side all day it felt good to sit back and let someone take all the responsibility for once had a great day out landed my biggest bill yet the pictures don't do it any justice thanks again bret loved every minute of it

Dicktracey
28-12-2012, 06:44 PM
AS this is a PG site i can not post my response for you hear Brett !
I had a lovely day on Muddy's Junk eating cold Pizza ;)
Dick
Seriously well done mate 50hrs in a week you deserve them

cobiaman
28-12-2012, 06:47 PM
another great day out off point lookout with the shy guys on board

poor harry feeling a bit sick (something to do with a bottle of whisky or something like that )
meet madmackeral on a glassed out bar for a great run out to point lookout
a bit of trawling around the 7's for 0
then decide to keep going south just about to doze off then off goes the electric reel for a great display of a marlin dancing on the water , got him near the boat and bugger broke the line .

a bit more of a hungover troll then harry's on . marlin on a hard body diver this 1 came in without too much drama a few pics and he swims away
a few more hits for nothing then off goes my rod again another marlin boated
score for marlin for the day was something like 7/3/2
but shhh don't tell dick tracy cause he bought a black motor and didn't go saturday

back to the hoo spot to land a yeehar and a yahoo then home we come

poor dick 1 day mate hey tomorrows saturday:o

Well done mate, that boat is a marlin attracterfor sure!

Humdinger
28-12-2012, 07:06 PM
thanks fellas was a great day out as usual with a great group of guy's with mental issues
yeah dick the service guys are gonna like that eh 78hrs total in less than 2 months

as they say if you buy a black motor you will always be looking forward
AT THE BOAT WITH THE YAMMY CATCHING BILLIES:oops::LMAO:

Horse
28-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Great stuff fellas. I was sitting at my desk at work getting updates from Perry. Thats a lot of fun:-?

Nice Hoo as well. Were they on your Ebay specials or HB's

I was going to have a crack in the morning but when loading the boat I could definitley smell fuel so a bit of further investigation is called for

2IC
28-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Chezz Brett you are puttiing the hours on that YAMMY ,, good to see you are still nailing them,, how did MUDDY go no photos or news yet,, must have had one of those days,, I'm off to tangas in the morning for a family day

Muddy Toes
28-12-2012, 07:36 PM
We spent the day at Tangas today Bill......didn't even wet a line.

Humdinger
28-12-2012, 07:38 PM
hey bill not too sure how the rickshaw went . dick should be able to answer that . good to see your getting out for a day . my plans for rainbow have been stuffed up by the same thing that has kept you off the water . but might try a weekend trip

Humdinger
28-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Great stuff fellas. I was sitting at my desk at work getting updates from Perry. Thats a lot of fun:-?

Nice Hoo as well. Were they on your Ebay specials or HB's

I was going to have a crack in the morning but when loading the boat I could definitley smell fuel so a bit of further investigation is called for

hey neil they were 1 was on the ebay specials the other was on harrys secret hard body

Humdinger
28-12-2012, 08:24 PM
here it is
marlin on electric reel . i did have to help it on this one though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=162caIzlQ_M

Muddy Toes
28-12-2012, 08:26 PM
Nice grey teaser on the transom mate.

Humdinger
28-12-2012, 09:17 PM
Nice grey teaser on the transom mate.

yep worked better than the $65 bird that i lost in the first half hour

Muddy Toes
28-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Should have seen our bird.....I reckon you could have seen that thing from space!!!

Humdinger
28-12-2012, 10:03 PM
that might have been the problem . blinded them

uripper
29-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Well done fellas. Great conditions. We made the call not to go as we thought it would still be very lumpy from previous days blow ... wrong again :(

Did you or anyone else hear please what the action was like up around the Cape & Hutchies ???

Seems they can only be found off Stradbroke at the moment ????

Mal

Humdinger
29-12-2012, 07:36 AM
Well done fellas. Great conditions. We made the call not to go as we thought it would still be very lumpy from previous days blow ... wrong again :(

Did you or anyone else hear please what the action was like up around the Cape & Hutchies ??? Seems they can only be found off Stradbroke at the moment ????

Mal

yeah we sort of had the same thought after seabreezes report for boxing day but it was perfect out there
there was a couple of reports from the cape . the shy guys got onto 1 at hutchies on boxing day

Blackened
29-12-2012, 11:01 AM
G'day

I heard you guys on the radio all day, sure I saw you there and sure I saw you out there.

I was in my 15' plate tiller steer "Valiente"

We didn't raise a scale, were trolling skirts from around shag rock out to the waverider buoy, then south around the 40m line through the coral spawn, then back east into 85m where the temp peaked at 27.4 back up to the waverider buoy. Has the spread of 4 out, no bait to be seen either... maybe time to invest in a teaser!

By all reports the cape was fishing much better, but there was also a lot more boats up there too. One bloke ended up with a new leg piercing i think.

Weather was spectacular and at around 0700 the bar was a non event, even with the run out after lunch it wasn't anything special.

Dave