PDA

View Full Version : Another first marlin

lethal
23-12-2012, 01:19 PM
After having a couple fishing sessions with Drew from mates rates fishing team the next technique i wanted to learn was the glorious marlin fishing.
Friday night he took me through the rigging and after 1 1/2 hours sleep were were off to catch my first marlin.
We hit a glassed out bay followed by a sloppy passage from comby to the cape. We set the lines and not 30seconds later we had our first strike. I'm thinking its going to be a long time between hits but not 2 minutes later i'm fighting my first small black, a couple quick photos and a release. A few more strikes and a couple hookups and dropped fish then all goes quiet. We tried other areas and scored a double hookup. I'm fighting the smaller of the 2 fish while Drew is clearing the deck and he's leaving the second fish for me aswell. We get the first fish to the boat and release then i fight the second which was much larger. After a 40minute fight a nice black around the 30kg mark comes on board for a quick photos and release.
We went 10/5/3 for the day.

Thanks Drew for the awesome day out and passing the knowledge on.
Photos care of Mates Rates Fishing Team.

wayno60
23-12-2012, 02:39 PM
nice work bud, you can tell me all about it when i see ya christmas morn.

cheers

Mossy247
23-12-2012, 02:42 PM
Good stuff Lee, I have never caught a marlin before :-p Nice stuff buddy, you are doing well on the troll of late. top effort.
tight lines - Mossy

Fish_gutz
23-12-2012, 02:47 PM
awesome stuff Lee , well done . the smile says it all.

netmaker
23-12-2012, 02:54 PM
congrats. thats a great day on the water.

madmackrel
23-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Great effort men.

Horse
23-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Congratulations Lee. You won't get much better a mentor than Drew

captain rednut
23-12-2012, 09:12 PM
hi lethal i saw you guys on a fish at one stage then we hooked up and never seen you for the rest of the day. i spoke to drew a fair bit on the radio to keep each other updated.
cheers jimmy GALAXY 11

lethal
24-12-2012, 09:28 PM
thanks Horse, and yeah he's teaching me well. He spoke highly of both you and Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy, hope to see you out there again soon.