PDA

View Full Version : Importing a Sea-Doo or Yamaha

cala90
05-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has imported either a Sea-Doo or Yamaha jetski from the US? Is it worth it? Or cheaper to buy locally?
I don't really know where i'd start looking for imports!

Thanks for the replies in advance!

Cheers :)

Seahorse
06-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Theres an import place down the coast. I looked at them couple yrs ago when i bought mine.

From what i could gather, u never knew where they came from.

I bought original yammy. At least you get the factory warranty, not with the imports.

Yammy wont warrant them. Have to rely on their own warrenty from where u buy it.

Thats what i think.

Cheers
Greg

Noelm
09-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Just like all imports, know your product, know your costs, do ALL your homework and weigh up whether it is worth it, most times the very attactive prices overseas are not so flash when you add on all the extras involved, but then, at times they are good value, it's your money and time, so it's your choice to make.

Mr__Bean
09-11-2012, 10:59 PM
I have 2 Seadoo's, both are imports.

We got the last one from this mob in Berri SA: http://www.xsliquidate.com.au/products_yamaha_waverunner.htm

They commisioned it and then crated it again and shipped it to a Brisbane freight depot for my pick-up.

All worked out fine.

Darren

gazza2006au
16-11-2012, 12:32 PM
im also thinking about doing the same thing im not sure if your looking at new or second hand my budget only allows for second hand it amazes me a $3500 ski over here is selling in the US for $800! and we have the better dollar i have been quoted around the $2000 mark to import a 3 seater seadoo including all cost minus customs cleaning fee they can take care of the whole process even handing over the cash on the other end for your purchase at time of pick up theres some guys on ebay search for international transport

keep in mind to ask if its a second hand ski does the seller have the title otherwise u cannot get it registered in australia