PDA

View Full Version : 2 sounders 1 transducer?

hilta1
14-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Hi Guys not sure if this has been covered before, cant find it anywhere, i am thinking of running my jrc ff50 in the kevlacat as well as the existing lowrance hds 10, am i best off to run seperate transducers or is it just as good to run 1 transducer and somehow link the units? the jrc has an airmar p66 and i would probably run that instead of the lowrance but its not to much trouble to mount individual tranducers for each sounder if need be. Regards Mark

Moonlighter
15-07-2012, 09:14 AM
Hi Mark

I am not sure, and a bit doubtful to be honest, that you will be able to run them both off the same transducer at the same time.

I do know that if you had 2 HDS units you can do exactly that by linking them with a Lowrance Ethernet cable and NMEA 2000.

But the mix of the JRC and HDS - well, I don't know, think it migh be pretty doubtful. I don't think that the JRC is nmea2000 compatible, which may make it harder? But there might be some kind of switch box that could enable it to work.....whether the cost is worth it or not might then become the question, compared to the cost of the HDS transducer.

Someone like Grand Marlin would no doubt be able to tell you with certainty whether it can be done and if so, how.

If you go with separate transducers, just check the frequency that each of them uses, if they are different frequencies you shouldn't have any trouble with them interfering with each other.

Cheers

ML