PDA

View Full Version : mud island boatpark

kingcray
16-06-2012, 02:41 PM
gday ,, spent most of the morning out at mud today with about 200 other boats i would say. stayed mainly round the north / western sides
plenty of grinners came aboard and the odd pike,,, starting to wonder why i botherd to go all the way out there when finally hooked up to what felt like a legal squire. came in at about 38 or so,, so made it worth while i suppose. threw back a couple unders too,, and had 1 or 2 decent bust offs
a pod of 50 or so dolphins joined us for a while for some acrobatics which was pretty cool... also saw some tuna busting up and jumpin near the boat too which i havent seen for a long time.
came back to the pots at woody which looked to be moved,, one was upside down bait mutilated no crabs. after soaking for about 6 hours,, scored 1 legal sandie and about a 1.2m wobbegong.
gorgeous day out im sure a few of you were out at mud too and went better than me!! so thought i would get in first. couple pics there
cheers dean

Seahorse
16-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Sorry mate, didn't think u would notice the pots.lol
Yeah, what a car park. I also wonder why the hell I go over to mud. That's it, last trip there.
Tried, n,s,e,w for just grinners.
Time to start chasing the whiting.

Cheers
Greg

kingcray
16-06-2012, 03:34 PM
hah nice one greg. when i tossed them out some blokes were near me telling me to get out of the green zone. i was clearly well out of it... i guess it wasnt a good move telling them 'dont tell me wat the &&&& to do' anyway,,
im thinking compass buoy trip soon also, need to stock some fillets for the boys
cheers

Te Whiti
16-06-2012, 04:08 PM
well done Dean, would have been a nice day out on the water today...

kingcray
16-06-2012, 04:20 PM
yea was mate and to see all the dolphins turtles tuna and a few fish makes it a lot of fun at limited expense

robersl
16-06-2012, 04:59 PM
Hi dean a mate and i fished mud this morning pretty quite early pulled 4 nice bream on the troll then we flicked placcie till about 8.30 for grinner and bigger grinners the trolled up 9 tailor then we hit another spot for 10 tailor ran into seahorse at the ramp and said g,day on our return about 12
but still a pretty quite day nice little snap you got
shane

kingcray
16-06-2012, 05:15 PM
not too bad a day for you shane. how many keeper tailor you get,,, any size to them?
did u see the tuna? awesome sight
yea got myself dinner again tso im happy enough

robersl
16-06-2012, 05:52 PM
all 19 kept were legal we returned about 5 or 6 unders or just legals a couple in the 50cm = range but most 37-40 cm a good eating size,
the dolphins came in were we were at one stage also seen tuna busting up about 9.30 but they are to flighty to chase over there so ignored them

Seahorse
16-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Shane, I now know who I was talking to. Mate, I thought u said ur name was rob, and now I see ur reply to dean. Sorry mate. Nice to say hi..

Cheers
Greg

dayoo
16-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Fished North eastern side of Mud this morning with Brian (Popgun 19) Tally 4 squire 38 to 42cm, 2 nice 30 cm bream, 1 grass parrot and 1 grassie. Had a couple of bust offs and Brian lost a big snapper that ran up to the front of the boat and cut the braid on the anchour rope. All the snapper action was from 6 to 7am and then only undersized squire in plague proportions.

Cheers
Barry

kingcray
16-06-2012, 07:22 PM
i keep telling myself i will do a bait only trip to mud next time i go.
can never bring myself to do it,, looks like i gotta give in somehow

robersl
16-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Shane, I now know who I was talking to. Mate, I thought u said ur name was rob, and now I see ur reply to dean. Sorry mate. Nice to say hi..

Cheers
Greg
hi greg it was good to meet up and say hi

shane

ddobson
17-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Good to at least get 1 legal fish as we shot over to mud anti clockwise and could hardly find a spot to drift. Thats the most i have ever seen there. I only got grinners in rouse and small tailor then mud to see the carpark and boy as you get closer you see how many are there boy what a sight. Must have looked a sight for the fish looking up. Well done Cheers DD.....

kingcray
17-06-2012, 10:19 AM
yea d that was the problem. on all my spots i couldnt get a drift going ,, tried out wider but couldnt find much structure to work with,, i took the grinners home for crab bait so hope they work.

robersl
17-06-2012, 10:22 AM
They make good snapper bait dean
shane

kingcray
17-06-2012, 05:40 PM
shane next trip there will be bait only like the old days

milo__
20-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi guys,

Thinking of chasing a few whiting and was wondering where (if any), you guys had heard reports of any good catches yet......they have been missing for some time but everyone says they will be back shortly??

Any ideas......
Cheers

nathank
21-06-2012, 11:22 PM
just sayn... ive fished the seaway by myself the last two nights in a 3.9m flat bottomed stessl... ive wanted to fish mud for snapper on plastics but.... hmm.. oh yeah by the way i have just got snags and stingrays ;-)

kingcray
22-06-2012, 06:36 AM
milo, the compass buoy off nudgee might be worth a look by now.
nathan, a guy at work was eating stingray in some kind of salad for lunch the other day, are you eating yours??? :o

lethal
22-06-2012, 08:15 AM
i did an overnighter saturday night on the southeastern ledge, pulled a 60cm snap mid run of the tide and when the sun came up my mate pulled out a morwong and a couple sweetlip.

nathank
22-06-2012, 06:15 PM
lol kingcray.. no mate im not eating stingray.. im just being silly, mud gets crowded i guess because of all the reports about snapper and stuff and im just saying that i was the only boat out ;-) and i hope it stays that way