PDA

View Full Version : Live bait grounds Morton and north stradbroke

nowornever1972
22-05-2012, 10:05 PM
If you able to shar a mark it would be appreciated

cobiaman
22-05-2012, 10:08 PM
Just head north after getting through the bar and look for the other 10 boats, you should have marks from tweed to musgrave by now...

meggawatti
23-05-2012, 11:48 AM
You should know were to find them remember that day we took you out and baged out on snapper and pearlies

Muddy Toes
23-05-2012, 02:03 PM
What happened to the marks from the first round of asking for the exact same thing a couple of months ago?

nowornever1972
25-05-2012, 01:13 PM
I have them, just want some more ha ha.........

Lachie1
27-05-2012, 07:29 PM
It's all about a bit of give and take mate. Most people have put in the time and effort to go out and find the areas that produce fish and sometimes to put get all these marks together takes years and years. There is a lot of average and below average trips and frustration that goes with that. So you can see why people are reluctant to give up there hard earned marks to a random person they don't know who gives nothing in return and then keeps asking for more. So how about you give me a good pearlie mark and i'll give you a livie mark?

Regards,

Lachie

FINICKY
27-05-2012, 07:51 PM
I agree Lachie1. Good marks are hard to come by in such a massive ocean. Once you get a few goods ones you guard them with your life. Although trading marks can be productive.

nezevic99
28-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I've always found this spot good for some fish. S27 25 656, E153 32 134

Muddy Toes
29-05-2012, 02:10 AM
No,I don't get Bitchy,but what i don't like is a smartass.That is the way you have come across to me.I've given out marks before,and i can say this,you get no thanks.All i've ever got is,those are shit marks,or no fish there.There are fisherman and there are those that can fish.Best of luck.Jim

It's like you read my mind.

I've been pretty quiet on this thread but now you've said this mate I'm going to say I totally agree.

I gave you the marks for the bait grounds out of South Passage bar the first time you asked a few months ago.
There IS bait on these grounds......maybe not on the exact spots I gave you but as luck would have it fish have fins and tend to swim so it may take a bit of time to find them on the sounder some days.
Some days they might not even be there but you do have marks for bait out of South Passage......trust me.
You don't need any more!!!
What you do need I think is a bit of time on the water learning how to do stuff properly.Looking at paper charts, identifying likely places, sounding around these places, learning the techniques to fish these places and then putting it all together to replicate success.
Just off the top of my head I can recall some threads where you have asked about using poddy mullet for live bait offshore and asking people what bait jigs they use which is not a problem but to me it just tells me that your having a bit of trouble finding live bait on the ground I gave you.
For what it's worth, my advice would be for you to start doing a bit of research in to fishing offshore in general.Ask questions about how to....stop asking for marks.Take peoples advice and answers on board and if you think you know more than them well good for you, keep your smart ass remarks to yourself, after all........you were the one seeking the knowledge in the first place.Put the time in and the results will follow.You've mentioned earlier that you used to be a deckie on Tom Cat Charters.....maybe your old work mates can help you out a bit with a bit of advice too.Learn how to use your sounder for more than just finding out how deep it is.
The list is endless but you have to start somewhere.Not that I claim to be, but becoming a successful angler requires a lot of dedication, research, hard work and time so while having some good marks is nice there is a lot more to it than just a set of coordinates.
All of this may be pretty hard for you to swallow but I think it's something you need to hear honestly.With the amount of times I've seen you write smart ass sly replies to people that are trying to help I can honestly say that I don't blame people for not wanting to give up there hard earned marks to someone like that because when you say "it would be appreciated" and then a couple of post later accuse people of being "bitchy" because they wouldn't give up the goods as easily as you want them to but alternatively offer you some general advice as Cobiaman has I can honestly say that I feel so far from being appreciated it's not funny.
So it's up to you I guess mate......take the advice or continue the way you are but it doesn't take Einstein to figure out how your going to get the best results.
Good luck and no hard feelings.

Floating Rib
29-05-2012, 07:52 AM
When i started fishing offshore up here last year(always fished south) i found a wealth of info on here and heaps of generic marks so that was a great start, ive asked for ballpark depth and distances to certain depth areas but realise that as mentioned i need to make the effort to look for my own, every trip i make i drive in zig zags looking to find some ground of my own, when i do the first email with GPS points will be to Outwide who was generous enough to share some marks for my trip to Lady Musgrave, although the weather didnt play the game, im hoping to repay the favour someday(although Mick sems pretty damn sussed on this fishing game). And also those marks i was given wont be shared as Mick gave them to me on that understanding. I remember my brother took a mate of mine to the Adelaide river and fished a snag that had produced a dozen plus 1m+ Barra for him in a remote part of the river, my mate was sworn to secrecy yet place looked like pit street every trip from then on, not such a good mate now. Its all about give and take.
Cheers
Rib

truth stretcher
29-05-2012, 08:06 AM
Ive just got my first boat capable of getting outside and am struggling to catch anything ? but i'm running a small fortune in fuel through it having a crack.
I wouldn't expect anyone to give up there marks for me ( a bloke they don't even know ).
I have a capable boat and a flash sounder but if I do find marks I'm probably gunna struggle to get it on the GPS anyway.
I didn't buy a boat not to catch fish , I bought a boat to go fishing ( fishing in my eyes is dangling a bait over a boat maybe not ever with a fish attached).

thelump
29-05-2012, 12:09 PM
And a steak and cold beer to wash it down with?

Bull
29-05-2012, 03:06 PM
And a steak and cold beer to wash it down with?

Yes a very nice spot I haven't been there for a few years though

phantomphisher
29-05-2012, 03:22 PM
It would appear to be near loaves and fishes????

Crunchy
29-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Personally I can't bring myself to ask for marks even though I moved to Brisvegas 18 months ago and in 6 trips I have landed one parrot fish - yoohoo!...i just keep sounding and looking and looking and sounding and sounding and driving and looking...slowly slowly building up a picture of the bay....(Damn fish keep moving around though)

I will admit though I got a lot of help (read "Marks") from a mate to get me started on the sunny coast, this made fishing a much more joyful experience as I got a lot less donuts after he gave me some good spots to check out, and saved me a lot of gas......I'm glad I was able to give a few back after a few years exploring the place....I guess I can see both sides.....but still won't ask for marks even though it is mighty tempting to do so....

Dicktracey
29-05-2012, 03:55 PM
Ive just got my first boat capable of getting outside and am struggling to catch anything ? but i'm running a small fortune in fuel through it having a crack.
I wouldn't expect anyone to give up there marks for me ( a bloke they don't even know ).
I have a capable boat and a flash sounder but if I do find marks I'm probably gunna struggle to get it on the GPS anyway.
I didn't buy a boat not to catch fish , I bought a boat to go fishing ( fishing in my eyes is dangling a bait over a boat maybe not ever with a fish attached).

Do yourself a favor and pay the premium subscription and unlock the lifetime of GPS marks waiting in the Gps forum, all our catches have been started from those generic marks.
Support the forum that supports you.
I put a post out 4mths ago asking for a starting point Rosco and others smashed me with marks and pm's since then I have repaid the favor to a couple of genuine guys doing it tough keeping the Kama balance in check, what pisses me off is the tools that motor up to you offshore only boat for 5km and set up not 50m away because you had a bent rod tip before they arrived, next time I'm going to let my chicken winged deckie off his chain to cast 10oz snapper lead at them ;)
Cheers
Dick

wags on the water
29-05-2012, 07:12 PM
The best way to avoid the blowies is move off before they get to you. If someone deviates off their original course your way then you know someone thinks they recognise you from 500m away, only to say sorry mate I thought you were someone else, ping your mark then p!ss off.

Bobpen
30-05-2012, 05:46 AM
The funny thing is that I bought a second hand boat that looks the real deal so people think I know what I am doing. I have nearly cast in to another boat. I have had my deckie with his foot out to fend off another. I don't like to move as I use burly and I would be setting things up for them.
BobPen

Dicktracey
30-05-2012, 08:28 AM
going to mount a swivel spud gun on the rocket launchers and fire a few across the bow ;)

Floating Rib
30-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I was fishing the southern end of the eastern rubble off mud the other day, drifting catching nothing but perservering, within an hour the 5 boats fishing to the north moved down to me, funny as i was catching jack, once they had arrived i moved north to the sandy edge caught some nice flatties and went home. I dont mind sharing its just when they anchor right on top of you when you are clearly drifting its a bit annoying.

wags on the water
24-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Maybe being on page 2 you have forgotton about page 1. Go back and read posts 4&5.

TimD
24-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Speaking of marks...

Wags i'm still waiting for you to send me the marks for jurassic park :thumbsup:

cheers tim :)

bigjimg
24-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Now your just digging a hole.Jim

wags on the water
24-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Maybe you lot can share $$$ for fuel spent on finding these marks.

Tim - don't get your hopes up.....ever.

I'm over helping people out for nothing in return - some are greatful, others not.
This is how it goes - "we pulled some good fish off those marks you gave us." and that's as far as it gets.
My friends and I share our marks, and fish, and appreciate the efforts and $$$ put in to find said marks.

So if you think others won't "share" their marks, then take this info onboard. Not a lecture, but my thoughts.

TimD
24-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Maybe you lot can share $$$ for fuel spent on finding these marks. GFY

At least i had the decency to offer you two cartons for jurassic park :P

cheers tim :)

WalrusLike
25-06-2012, 10:24 PM
In the world of science even a negative result has value. So in the spirit of sharing I can reveal that after some limited research I have proved that there are no fish in Tiger Mullet or Jumpinpin. Also I have proved there are none north of Peel or near Goat.

I know some folk will be upset that I have let everyone in on the secret..... But everyone has the right to know.... There are no bloody fish in the water. Buggered if I know where they are, but they definitely ain't in Moreton Bay.

So I can't share a mark.... It's more of a general area.... avoid Moreton Bay. :)

Crunchy
26-06-2012, 04:23 PM
An anti-mark then....I already had that one but thanks anyway....

webby
26-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Plenty of fish in Moreton Bay, just have to learn to fish where nobody else does.
As for Jurassic Park, take a plane out of Brisbane Airport and you'll see it.

bigjimg
26-06-2012, 07:40 PM
To draw your attention to a couple of publications that are out there re GPS marks: 500 Hot Fishing Spots & GPS Coordinates Cairns to Byron Bay.I've had this book for quite a few years and has plenty of marks for inside the bay and beyond.You would do yourself a favour to hunt one of these books down.I see the Mods have been busy.Jim
Wouldn't be a Couple if there were not two now would it; 250 GPS Coordinates Tweed Heads to Gladstone & Beyond.....It says here "Putting You on the Big Fish"....... There you go.....;)

Muddy Toes
26-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Should have told him earlier so he had something to read in the sin bin.

bigjimg
26-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Should have told him earlier so he had something to read in the sin bin.

Yeah I know,but hey if ol mate knew how to address people he would have got some info not a whole lot of bupkiss.I hope he gets some manners.Jim

wags on the water
26-06-2012, 08:30 PM
To draw your attention to a couple of publications that are out there re GPS marks: 500 Hot Fishing Spots & GPS Coordinates Cairns to Byron Bay.I've had this book for quite a few years and has plenty of marks for inside the bay and beyond.You would do yourself a favour to hunt one of these books down.I see the Mods have been busy.Jim
Wouldn't be a Couple if there were not two now would it; 250 GPS Coordinates Tweed Heads to Gladstone & Beyond.....It says here "Putting You on the Big Fish"....... There you go.....;)

Jim, this is the book I started with and there are good fish to be found around these areas. This is where spending time on the water, searching and sounding new ground and using fuel (for those that don't know how these things work) is how you find those special marks. This is how it works for those uneducated people that like to hitch a ride with others and "borrow" marks.

I've said enough.

bigjimg
27-06-2012, 05:11 PM
There is so much going on around you while on the water it pays to keep your eyes peeled while travelling.If you see birds circling,turtles taking a breath.or a pod of dolphins arching their backs on the surface it pays to stop and sound around.I have found spots this way over the years that produce the goods.So sometimes Mother nature will give you the answers to your questions as well.I never fish with boats around me and as soon as they appear around me offshore I'm gone.Another good piece of kit if you have a chartplotter is the Bathymetric charts,they show the bottom contours in detail and can indicate possible fish holding ground...Jim

chris69
27-06-2012, 07:03 PM
The thing about fishing outside in that real big ocean is that tides and current move bait and fish around were the food for the bait has gone so does the bait and the fish [food chain]the tides and currents cover and uncover ground depending on the tides and currents ,on some a mark the fish caught on that day can be totaly different a week or 2 later and how it fishes in winter is different to how it fishes in summer and then theres the wind direction to consider,as well as haveing a heap of GPS marks you should have a diary to log condicions for that mark or a spread sheet,were would everyone be if there were no good sounders and GPSs it would have to be done on time traveled and DR [dead recconing] and land marks like the old days and a old paper sounder.

nowornever1972
08-07-2012, 08:02 PM
How is Timmy Boy ? Does he still have the Cruise Craft Outsider???

nowornever1972
11-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Who me? ha ha

Zippidy
11-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Who me? ha ha

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=CONFUSED+SMILEY&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=845&tbm=isch&tbnid=VWf0_CH79QV0ZM:&imgrefurl=http://www.autonerdz.com/cgi/yabb2/YaBB.pl%3Faction%3Dsmilieindex&docid=j30Uey_FDlS7lM&imgurl=http://www.autonerdz.com/yabbfiles/Smilies/scratch-head02.gif&w=103&h=105&ei=8RP9T9T-EImnrQHW9aGLCQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=462&sig=109516953749815742802&page=2&tbnh=84&tbnw=82&start=24&ndsp=31&ved=1t:429,r:24,s:24,i:266&tx=49&ty=31