PDA

View Full Version : Pippies at Moreton ??

liltuffy
17-04-2012, 07:24 AM
Hi fellas, heading over to Moreton in a few weeks for a surf fish and just wondering if the pippies have returned. Can't blame the labour government for the Pacific Adventurer oil spill - or can we ?? but since then no pippies about.

The last few years I've been collecting some at DI and salting down to take over to Moreton.

Maybe I should take a few live ones over to re-establish the local population, if they are the same subspecies.

Anyway, any pippies about.

Craig

Lucky Loz
17-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Have not been over for a year, but was still a few then . They dont like fresh, and will take a few days to reappear. Just remember the new green zone for the top few kilometres on the east ie from the creek to the rocks is a no take zone. Have fun and let us know how you go.
Loz.

justjack
17-04-2012, 10:33 AM
millions of them the last month, most ive seen since the spill actually the only ones ive seen that were of bait size, though the old easter tourists have hit them hard you know taking a 20l bucket full only to use 5 in a one off 5 min fish then dumping the smelling dead 200+ back in the surf, should be some around if you go for a drive on the low :)

rcfisher
17-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah was there 2 weeks ago. Plenty around.

Peter Gerke
17-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Was at Straddie for the past 2weeks and there were loads at low LOW tide. You should be fine liltuffy. Also, I have to share, I ate my first few last weekend after throwing a few on the Barbie plate... Have a go !!
Pete. :P