PDA

View Full Version : Holden Colorado 2010 4wd problems

bf90
15-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Hey guys got myself a small problem with me collie, when I select 4h or 4l from 2h the blasted thing usually does not do a damed thing :-? some time when I select 4h the bloody 4l flashes but it wont go into 4l or 4h and if by some miracle it does decide to go into 4h or 4l then the blasted thing wont go back to 2h :-X yep I know to get 4l you have to be stopped and in neutral and 4h dont be over 100kph if I reset the 4wd gismo by holding all 3 buttons in then hit the ignition to the on and hold for 30 seconds all is well and it all works as it should but soon as I go for a short drive it all goes belly up again and the car is an auto I dont know if this makes any difference or not to how I put it into 4h or 4l any help at all would be the ducks nuts cheers Brad. ;D

GBC
16-04-2012, 05:46 AM
I drop my auto into neutral, and if it has any decent amount of windup put it into reverse for a second. The throwout on these (and my last auto hilux) needs no transmission windup to operate freely.
As per the op manual, you need to be in neutral before selecting low range or getting out of it - same as any other auto.

Giffo65
16-04-2012, 06:34 AM
I had a 04 Rodeo which is pretty much the same beast I think,it would drop into low range by itself(push button select on dash),it happened a few times when in the carpark,not good.I was told by my mechanic,it was a inherint problem and he had another customer with one that did the same thing.It was also hard to get out of low range sometimes as well.

marty666
16-04-2012, 05:40 PM
check the shift on fly oil level on the front diff (seperate to front diff oil) every one forgets to check it and it only holds 200mls will stop the front diff from engauging preventing the 4h and 4l. other wise how much water has go into the connector under the car for the transfer

bf90
16-04-2012, 06:37 PM
check the shift on fly oil level on the front diff (seperate to front diff oil) every one forgets to check it and it only holds 200mls will stop the front diff from engauging preventing the 4h and 4l. other wise how much water has go into the connector under the car for the transfer
good point marty I will put my melon under the car in the morning and see if that is the little gremlin :)

bf90
09-06-2012, 09:57 PM
ok guys I have managed to sort the problem out!! Above the go fast pedal and back towards the driver a bit, way the hell up under the dash lies the electronic control unit for the 4wd system. It has 2 bunches of wires that clip into the module. One bunch was nice and tightly clipped into place, the other was hanging loose !!! That is why some times it would get confused and go into 4h when I pushed the 2h button, quite often it would go 4l when pressing the 4h button. More often than not it just refused to select any thing at all. After pushing the second bunch of wires into place and hearing the magical little click of the clip, every thing works as it should. Funny thing is way back when I took the car in for its free 3k service this was a complaint that I had and was told upon pick up that the mechanics could not fault the 4wd system in my car. Any wonder holden have lost so many customers from servicing to other outside companies. The fellow that put me onto this fix is an x toyota grease monkey, god bless him!! :)