PDA

View Full Version : Jet pods - bolt on storage for fishing, spearfishing and all other equipment

Tony R
05-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Hi Guy's,

Just interested in your feedback as to whether you feel there is a need for additional storage required on your jet ski. It's something I have always battled with......storage.

The Jet pods I have mounted on my ski take into consideration the needs of fishermen, spearfishermen and any one alse requiring quick access to additional storage of equipment on the ski.

The other main benefit of the pods is the stability...the bottom third of the pod is foam filled which gives you heaps of extra stability. Great when standing up playing a fish or leaning over the side of the ski to gaff a fish etc.

The pods also have a stainless steel cage which holds 1 x safety bin for emergency gear, keep clothing dry, small fuel tank, or even as a live bait tank....The s/steel cage has three rod holders on each side...perfect for rods, gaffs, dive flags, etc...

With the pods fitted, the ski becomes incredably stable which makes it much harder to over turn in the surf it at all!! One of the world freestyle jet ski champions has not been able to over turn the ski with the pods fitted!!

Yes....they are made to suit most of the manufacturers ski's (Kawasaki, Yamaha, Seadoo) but only certain models...within each range..

What do you think???

Seahorse
05-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Great idea. How bit of an opening at top. What's the cost

Greg

Tony R
05-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Great idea. How bit of an opening at top. What's the cost

Greg

Hi Greg,

The top photo on my original post shows the lid opened on both the pods. On the second photo you can see the s/steel hinges on the side of the pod.

The lid is on the top of the pods towards the rear. The lid allows for an opening of approximately 300mm wide x 450mm long, so you can get large objects inside with easy access whilst seated.

You will notice the lid has a flat area which is embedded with a plastic cutting board for bait preparation or filleting fish etc.

Just a matter of interest....you can use one of the pods as an esky, remembering the pods are foam filled on the bottom, which gived them reasonaly good insulation.

Still working on costs at the moment.

Hope that helps...

Cheers....Tony

Seahorse
06-04-2012, 08:37 PM
I do like as I use my ski at lot for fishing. Cost is important.
Do u make these?

Cheers
Greg

spottymac
27-07-2013, 02:00 AM
Hi Tony R, I would like a set of pods for my FX Yamaha, Who do I contact,

Seahorse
29-07-2013, 05:59 AM
Hi Tony.
Did you ever the the cost worked out.

Cheers
Greg

Rooky25
30-07-2013, 07:52 AM
I would like a set for my seadoo, sometimes a quick fish for the ski is easier than launching the boat.

Tony R
31-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi Guy's,

Seahorse, spottymac & Rooky25.....

To answer some of your last few questions....yes I am able to supply jet pods. The pods are manufactured for the Kawasaki, Yamaha & Seadoo range but not across all the models. 951479514895149

The idea was to make them to suit the models that most people would use to go off shore fishing.

I do not wish to be seen trying to use the Ausfish site to advertise goods... so it's probably best to contact me directly if you wish to discuss your requirements. The photos on the site offer one variant of pod...I also have access to others....

My mobile - 0422 603 077.

Cheers...........Tony

Seahorse
31-07-2013, 06:29 PM
Hey Tony i will giveu a call, but what ate the pipies on the new yammy?

Tony R
31-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Hey Tony i will giveu a call, but what ate the pipies on the new yammy?

Hi Greg,

I'm assuming you mean "what are the pipes on the right side of photo"??

The safety bin/yellow bin on the right side has been converted to a live tank which is being fed from a pump mounted below jet ski & the white PVC pipes you are referring to... are burley tanks...piped to the underside of the ski.

Just another option/advantage of having pods mounted.

Cheers..........Tony

spottymac
28-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Thanks Tony
My mate Clive rang you last week and got the run down on getting them into Aus
Catch you on the water soon

Cheers Spottymac

nfmtank
06-11-2013, 07:17 PM
Hi I am interested as well for a yammy ho 2013. Just post the pricing on here or link to an aus post for sale item and make up a listing. I am sure lots of people would get these.