PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough/ Dec Bay Area

Seahorse
23-12-2011, 10:57 AM
These s/e winds driving me mad.

Went for a drive down to Scarborough today and it looked pretty good over to D Bay area. Couple boats out and couple blokes on kyacks.

As I have never fished this area before and desperate for Fred of crabs for Xmas.

Can anyone give me some info.

Cheers
Greg

Playtime
23-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Greg
This time of year yoou will find sand crabs out in front of the Scarborough Harbour all the way across to dbay and Bribie. The trouble you might find is the number of pots out there ATM. I went out in front of the Newport canals this morning and was surprised that even in the shitty weather there were a few keen crabbers out in the bay.

Good luck with it.

Seahorse
23-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks mate.

brock13
26-12-2011, 11:03 PM
Get some good fish at the Newport canals at the right time, anything from bream and whitting to jacks and Jews. Can get whitting on the banks from scarby to dbay. Plenty of vermin to contend with. Haven't tried much of the cabulture river mouth but heard of success in the past. Some patchy reef out off dbay provides good flatties at times. Have even heard of a queenie being caught around the shallow mangrove area of dbay. Hope this helps mate

sandbankmagnet
27-12-2011, 08:11 AM
Morgans is generally pretty reliable. :P

split-shot
30-12-2011, 08:17 AM
Sea Horse;

Try for crabs around the last of the beacons out from newport, you my be suprised.

FishHunter
30-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Just caught some bream and stripeys off the rocky patch in front of the Queens beach toilets.