PDA

View Full Version : tinnie hits bridge pylon Bli Bli

randell
19-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Saw this in the Courier this morning.
I was just fishing around this bridge last week.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/man-dies-in-boat-crash-with-pylon-at-bli-bli-on-sunshine-coast/story-e6freon6-1226199566971

randell

the baker
19-11-2011, 08:21 AM
There should be some sort of lighting on and under any bridge in a water way that gets a lot of water traffic like it does. It's very sad to hear of a thing like that happening

finga
19-11-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about the incident.
What happened? Who knows.
I really don't think anyone should comment until after details on how the occurrence happened come out.
Give the families some time to grieve.

And give it some time for details to emerge. Probably none of us know any true details and we'll all be saying this or that and it all may well be furthermost from what actually happened.

marto78
19-11-2011, 03:12 PM
I don't know the details either but IMO there should be a 6kt speed limit around all bridges and pylons especially at night.

Stuart
19-11-2011, 04:21 PM
No lights on that bridge, very sad in deed. I have been under that bridge many times over the years and I would never go under that bridge at night at any speed.

Stu

randell
19-11-2011, 04:57 PM
I did a DIY searchlight , out of a 2 lt milk plastic bottle, a small car headlight and a spare car battery and some wire and two clips and a switch .........
It sure did light up the creek, probably scared the fish off.

a sad day for the family
randell

SunnyCoastMark
20-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Like Stu, I have also been under that bridge quite a few times at night. Even on a dark night - you can see the bridge as you come up to it. You just have to be careful and be aware of where the pylons are.

Hard to speculate on why the driver did not see the bridge -sounds like his tinnie was tiller steer and his view may have been obstructed by passengers up front? Lesson to be learnt there for sure.

Sad indeed for the family and my sympathies certainly go out to them.

Mark