PDA

View Full Version : 63cm Mangrove Jack! They keep on coming!

.:::stotty:::.
15-10-2011, 11:33 PM
Went out tonight with a good mate fishing for jacks and anything that pulls some line. We fished a few spots before hitting our favorite. It was looking to be a slow night, but first cast at old faithful the Gloomis and core 50mg were screaming. Heavy drag and a lot of thumb pressure managed to turn this fish... just. It then did a big run like a 90cm thready would into open ground. Boy was I lovin' that. After another minute of frantic drag runs and gaining line kyle said: 'I think its 65cm plus' (lol troy) as it surfaced to show the true size of this beast.

Comfort lift it onto the concrete and a quick measure, a few photos and it went off to fight another day. Only to have our very next cast get destroyed. Kyle then had a real battle on his hands but after a solid minute of brutal runs the 20lb leader wore through.

Still, fish of a life time for me. Don't think ill beat this in the wild for quite some time. Pretty stoked.

Enjoy ;)

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/13/70/68/96/63b10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=158&u=13706896)

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/13/70/68/96/63cmfa10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=156&u=13706896)

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/13/70/68/96/63lure10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=157&u=13706896)

SWANO1
16-10-2011, 12:32 AM
thats a cracker in anyones books, well done young fella
cheers swano

carnster
16-10-2011, 06:17 AM
Yep it just keeps gettin better enjoy!

snodger77
16-10-2011, 06:19 AM
Nice jack there mate its good to know there starting to come on .can't wait to get my first for the season

z50man
16-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Great Catch , well done ,would be happy with that for sure ...good to see a catch and release too

frankgrimes
16-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Beast of a jack mate! Well done!!

...hehe Im sure you'll be getting requests for brag mat pic soon enough ;)

Mick

Fish_gutz
16-10-2011, 09:17 AM
thats a cracker stotty , he should be out on the reef. congrats.

hairypunt
16-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Lol pretty sure i didnt call 65+ this time....but i did say "thats a fukn big fish".

No need for a brag mat shot, anyone who has half a clue can tell thats a big fish from the shots provided.

Again congrats mate, it was cool seeing it all unfold.

Ps the highlight of the night was meating troy and jason, i can just tell we will all be best friends in no time lol.

marty+jojo
16-10-2011, 01:13 PM
That's huge Stotty well done, that will be hard to beat.
Marty.

brisbane_boy
16-10-2011, 01:32 PM
lol sounds like you got the snake tug, payed off for sure, thats a beast of a jack.

MudRiverDan
16-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Nice fish.. was it land based?

Cheers

Apollo
16-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Top jack, well done.

alleycat
16-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Great fish stotty, and you released it, be very proud fella..

nathank
16-10-2011, 11:31 PM
absolute beast mate... man what a way to start the season.. well done on the release also, be very hard to beat that one this year, that for sure..

wayno60
16-10-2011, 11:43 PM
Well the bench mark has be set, who will be jack master for this year??

cuzzamundi
17-10-2011, 01:48 AM
^^ I'm guessing this fish right here! One of the biggest landbased jacks I've ever seen.

Tremendous effort by a fisho with CRAZILY consistent results.

Cuzza

wayno60
17-10-2011, 06:39 AM
Nath,
ya think the one from last year at spot x would have grown 3cmm????

Peter4
17-10-2011, 08:11 AM
the highlight of the night was meating troy and jason,

Hmmm...what do you boys get up to when you go fishing at night?::)

Don't think I would enjoy it if you were to 'meat' me!;D;D

Millsydude
17-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Great fish mate, hopefully a sign of fish to come this season. nice work on the release too. just curious, how fast do you retrieve on the z man for the jacks?

cheers Millsy

matt fraser
17-10-2011, 09:51 AM
Sensational Jack! Well done, that is a beast of a fish! love your work,

Matt

leelee
17-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Nice work mate.

Top effort.

Bet you are still stoked.

Cheers

Lee

Genesis
17-10-2011, 10:45 AM
awesome effort mate! Well done!!

Looks like this is going to be cracker of a season.

softplasticsdude79
17-10-2011, 04:24 PM
great fish,will be hard to beat,just a little curious,what hardware are you using to catch these trains.

frankgrimes
17-10-2011, 04:39 PM
great fish,will be hard to beat,just a little curious,what hardware are you using to catch these trains.

"Gloomis and core 50mg"

loomis + shimano bc mate...other specifics Im sure stotty may reveal ;)

Mick

Peter4
17-10-2011, 04:53 PM
No need for a brag mat shot, anyone who has half a clue can tell thats a big fish from the shots provided.

Dunno about that...a 63cm jack is a pretty big and rare fish for an estuary and we don't know if Matt is a big guy or a little guy.

A bragmat pic would remove any doubt (or scepticism)...

Cheers

Pete

17-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Dunno about that...a 63cm jack is a pretty big and rare fish for an estuary and we don't know if Matt is a big guy or a little guy.

A bragmat pic would remove any doubt (or scepticism)...

Cheers

Pete

No one is doubting the size apart from you. Im not going to show you the pic with the ground in it because it will give away good spots for people to fish and flog. I dont enjoy driving 1 hour to find my spots being fished that have taken years to find and work out how to fish them.

Not sure about you peter, but I dont think you can justify saying it wasn't under 63cm by the pics I have provided. If you have noticed I rarely include a brag mat shot, I dont feel the need. I honestly dont care if you dont believe what I have said, im happy with my efforts and thats good enough for me.

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/13/70/68/96/63cm_f10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=164&u=13706896)

;)

jm82
17-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Hey mate, that is a donkey jack, Well done......

Looks everybit of the 63cm your saying ..... Good on ya for keeping this honey hole to yaself, Some of us work way to hard to give our spot X away

Keep up the good work and top fish mate love the pics too,

Cheers

Josh

BLOOEY
17-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Beast of a jack there, congrats! Looking at the size of the z-man in it's gob you can tell how big it is and i don't blame you for not wanting to give away the spot. In peter4's defence though your pics usually make even average fish look big and the big ones gargantuan. All that aside, very nice jack. Would love to tangle with one like that this season. Ben

Peter4
17-10-2011, 06:00 PM
No one is doubting the size apart from you.

Not sure about you peter, but I dont think you can justify saying it wasn't under 63cm by the pics I have provided. If you have noticed I rarely include a brag mat shot, I dont feel the need. I honestly dont care if you dont believe what I have said, im happy with my efforts and thats good enough for me.

Where did I say that I doubted the size? Or said that it was under 63? Or not believe you?

Don't be so sensitive, young fella...

All I'm saying is that if you had a bragmat shot there would not be any room for doubt or argument from anyone...it certainly is a cracker jack!

Cheers

Pete

NAGG
17-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Great fish there Stotty ...... without a doubt an exceptional fish - Love the photos too . I understand where Pete is coming from though - holding a fish at arms length does make make a fish look much more impressive but you do loose perspective of the true size......... anyhoos awesome capture!

Chris

17-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Cheers guys, was a special fish i wont forget for a while.

BeastMaster
17-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Top Jack
Only one problem - why u and not me !
Trophy fish from the estuary in my books.
Well done.
Regards
BeastMaster

carnster
17-10-2011, 09:42 PM
Good on ya for lettin it go. Interesting mark on its side, makes it seem more like a landlocked fish. It looks big enough to me. I have to admit that i would like a bragmat myself to avoid the sceptics but i would rather spend the money on fishing gear. Anyone wanna give me one and stotty as well?

loophole
17-10-2011, 10:22 PM
That's an awesome jack for Awonga, they don't get much bigger then that. Kyle probly got done by one of those big Barra. Seriously guys why do all good caputures have to go down hill.
Great fish Matt, Go the Zmanz!
Reece.

chris_stewart14
18-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Good on ya for lettin it go. Interesting mark on its side, makes it seem more like a landlocked fish. It looks big enough to me. I have to admit that i would like a bragmat myself to avoid the sceptics but i would rather spend the money on fishing gear. Anyone wanna give me one and stotty as well?

Yeah some people like to let the odd one go... Not you though.

Greg P
18-10-2011, 09:31 AM
That's a ripper stotty. You boys put the hard yards in to get these results. Ahh big jacks - Wonder what old mate small unit is up to these days. He was the jackslayer !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott Mitchell
18-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Fantastic fish - Congrats 8-)

Regards Scotto

carnster
18-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Yeah some people like to let the odd one go... Not you though.

Hey cmon, sometimes i let em go. I def would not be eating a land locked fish, which is why i don't fish lllakes often.

18-10-2011, 11:20 AM
That's a ripper stotty. You boys put the hard yards in to get these results. Ahh big jacks - Wonder what old mate small unit is up to these days. He was the jackslayer !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last time I talked to Small Unit he said he is making his return this year, his boats ready, gears ready and knowing him, so are his threadybusters with 2 VMC 6x hanging of them.

URAGANGI
18-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Beast of a jack mate! Well done!!

...hehe Im sure you'll be getting requests for brag mat pic soon enough ;)

Mick

That's if they make one large enough!!!
WELL DONE STOTTY... A true Trophy, If only that Soft plastic could speak for it self. Frick!!
Cheers,
Gavin.

B U Z Z I N
18-10-2011, 06:53 PM
well done stotty.... that's a stonker .. i'm very jealous ..i'm still a jack virgin , going up tin can bay soon and there gettin a few, so finger crossed ...a friend of a friend got 6 on weekend biggest went 63cm from noosa lakes area
cheers troy

wayno60
18-10-2011, 11:01 PM
That's an awesome jack for Awonga,

ding ding.....

ffejsmada
20-10-2011, 06:32 AM
Great fish Matt,,,,,,again!

Dunno why you bother posting anymore mate when you get d!ckheads putting you down.
Jealous b@#$%$#s.

Horse
20-10-2011, 08:09 AM
Why the frig is everyone so sensitive about where it was caught and needing the lie detector test on the fish. Anyone can see its one horse of a Jack and leave it at that. Well done Stotty

SLB
20-10-2011, 01:55 PM
nice fish stotty, never come on anymore but to come on and see this made it worth while! now i"ll have to go out and get one bigger to keep ya keen! see what i can pull off over the next few months hahah not goping to bother putting my 56cm up now. your spots seem to fish well, i think i seen yas the othernight but bailed to another spot. the comp is on!

20-10-2011, 09:00 PM
nice fish stotty, never come on anymore but to come on and see this made it worth while! now i"ll have to go out and get one bigger to keep ya keen! see what i can pull off over the next few months hahah not goping to bother putting my 56cm up now. your spots seem to fish well, i think i seen yas the othernight but bailed to another spot. the comp is on!

56 is a good and solid jack bud, post it up!

Oh is that right mate? Saw us? :P Gonna have to be more ninja style now! ;)

loophole
21-10-2011, 02:18 PM
Its not holding the fish with Out stretched arms, He is clearly presenting the fish for a Better picture.. Better then the classic Baito pic of a dead fish with a slayed throat..

tunaticer
21-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Ignore the banter and Bullshit Stotty, it's a good fish and well worthy of a shot.
Keep posting your pics without a story, that really grubbs the bastards out that can't put in the effort to catch a reasonable fish.
There are plenty of good jacks about for those with the intuition and addiction to catching them.

21-10-2011, 04:21 PM
For all the doubters and haters, go grab yourself a Gloomis nrx 10-14lb at your local tackle shop, get your truth mat 'also known as your pen15 extension mat' and measure, keep in mind we also measured it with a fold out 80cm ruler it went 63. I just tested this with a brag mat and rod laying flat. Alinging the nose of fish to the rod then to the mat its reads over 60. Around 62. The fish slightly leans to the left, the rod isnt parralel to the fish, so suit yourself. Im happy, 60+ jack on lure in the wild.

http://i40.servimg.com/u/f40/13/70/68/96/blacke10.jpg (http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=166&u=13706896)

;)

Cheers guys! :D

PinHead
22-10-2011, 04:19 PM
stotty ..who cares if it is 53 cm or 63 cm..good fishing regardless

Lucky_Phill
22-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Fellas, keep to the topic.

Do not get personal.

If you have nothing positive to say, say nothing.

Next infringement of the rules will result in a holiday for the offender.

Regards Phill

23-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Great fish Matt,,,,,,again!

Dunno why you bother posting anymore mate when you get d!ckheads putting you down.
Jealous b@#$%$#s.

Think im going to take your advice, not going to post on here again for quite some time...

bluefin59
23-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Think im going to take your advice, not going to post on here again for quite some time...

Great fish stotty as usual you produce the quality fish , thanks for sharing this is why so many can't be bothered posting results here anymore. Looking forward to some more quality fish from you... Matt

Vitamin Sea
23-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Mate, quality fish, no doubt he/she went well, good onya for releasing as well, even though I would have let it rest in my esky for a while.

Ignore the di%kheads, I honestly don't get it with some of these people:-?

Cheers

Bill

lippa
23-10-2011, 08:22 PM
thats no 63cm jack, looks more like 64cm to me! nice job mate, im jealous!!!!!!

wesfish
23-10-2011, 08:37 PM
great pb and cracking the 60 in style! just got me more keen to hit that milestone this season lol

Si
23-10-2011, 08:55 PM

dont do that champ. i and many other always look forward to your reports mate. they are always exceptional and i love looking at the photos. great fish mate.

jackextracter
27-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Stuff all the doubters mate I put up with them for years, I put in the hours like your self to find fish like this and theres prob only a handful of us that can catch them at that size, there will always be someone trying to talk your fish down only because they are envious and jealous, stuff em live in your glory....

geoff72
27-10-2011, 09:01 PM
stuff the all the wankers and their jealous mouths, thats a beast that will be hard to beat, awesome jack mate, also on the release,champian stuff, like your post said keep them coming

Mossy247
28-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Think im going to take your advice, not going to post on here again for quite some time... Don't I agree, I love waiting for your reports along with the other thready and jew slayers.... Love the posts, Love the pics. Keep them going to the TT & Zman FB pages though...

carnster
28-10-2011, 03:26 PM
Hey everyone i just wanted to clear the air about my comments. Obviously what i meant to say and what others heard are not the same. In no way was i saying that Stotty's fish was caught in a lake (no less of a catch in my opinion anyway) and in no way do i think that pics need a brag mat (most of mine don't have a mat) and i think it is great that he released it (even though i keep some of my catch for my family to eat). I personally do not like to receive negative comments and always try to keep my own comments positive. So no offence intended guys, honestly i was just making chit chat (it's not like i spend a lot of time thinking about what i write; maybe i should).

the gecko
29-10-2011, 01:04 PM
Top fish, again! Anyone whos seen your threadys and jewey posts, knows youve put in the hours to be one of the top river fishos on this site mate. Of course its a wild river fish, and extra points for LOB catch too.

I am a bit concerned about the health of some of these jacks that have a red spot on them tho. They are hard to see on red fish, but the barra up this way have em too. Might be saying something about post flood oxygen levels?

great capture anyway, I didnt want to sidetrack your thread. Im not in the 60 club yet, so youve beat me.

cheers
Andrew

killitfillit
29-10-2011, 03:35 PM
If all the knockers spent some time fishing instead of typing we would have more fish and less knockers.
He caught a great fish and shared it with us so take it for what it is and enjoy it.
Be inspired, use the available info at hand, weed out what you don't need and go fishing.
(just my very humble opinion)