PDA

View Full Version : Ballina Fishing Bonanza

samsy
31-08-2011, 06:10 AM
I am just wondering if anyone is entering the ballina fishing bonanza on the october long weekend. Its the second year it has been running. Last year was a wash out basically as it rained solidly for the entire time. The only fish caught were the taspoles in the carpark.

ranga7
31-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Yep cant wait

mattooty
01-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Whats the story with it? Is it a comp or is it an expo?

samsy
01-09-2011, 09:51 AM
check out this link

www.vmrballina.com/fishingTournament.aso (http://www.vmrballina.com/fishingTournament.aso)

samsy
01-09-2011, 09:53 AM
this one as well.

www.vmrballina.com/boatshow.asp (http://www.vmrballina.com/boatshow.asp)

it will be a good weekend

deepfried
02-09-2011, 07:27 PM
Way to expensive for me Samsy. John said we should enter but I think it wouldn't go down that well a pro weighing fish in. If you are entering you would nail the bream if you throw some snapper gut behind his boat when he comes back in.

rabbi
02-09-2011, 08:45 PM
I got dudded at Evans.
I think Im gonna have to do my list of jobs for the missus to even get alook in at Bonanza!!
I was gonna go in it last year and a certain fisho named after a SP told me it was a waste of time as a 1.4m long jew had already been caught and I thought the same so Katrina and I went out for a fish for the fun of it and as it turned out it was only 1.14m weighed in.

Anybody want to have a look what a $1000 looks like before I cut it up, Doohh:P

samsy
03-09-2011, 08:20 AM
deepfries i dont reckon the entry cost is to bad considering that you get your $150 back in a gift pack that constains jig heads soft plasctics etc from gamakatsu plus you go into teh chance to win the major prizes and you dont even have to catch a fish to win it.

Ah Steve. YOu should know better by now to not listen to Squidge. Besides you have to be in it to win it.

rabbi
03-09-2011, 04:10 PM
deepfries i dont reckon the entry cost is to bad considering that you get your $150 back in a gift pack that constains jig heads soft plasctics etc from gamakatsu plus you go into teh chance to win the major prizes and you dont even have to catch a fish to win it.

Ah Steve. YOu should know better by now to not listen to Squidge. Besides you have to be in it to win it.

You want a piece of fish and lemon to go with that Scott:D

I'll probly go in it Samsy. What were the dates again??

samsy
04-09-2011, 05:31 AM
end of the month rabbi

samsy
30-09-2011, 04:50 AM
let the fishing bonanza begin. good luck to everyone.

rabbi
30-09-2011, 08:24 PM
Well I am off to a flying start.
I went out last night from midnight to 6.30am after jew , or whatever and the only hit i got was a high speed wallaby into the right hand side of my New Colorado LXR:'(
Oh well there must be a fish out there somewhere??

Some good prizes in this competition. Take note Classic organisers;)
cheers, steve