PDA

View Full Version : Digital Tyre Pressure Gauge

Jackson 53
26-08-2011, 08:23 AM
I own a Nissan Navara D22 fitted with Yokohama Geolanders and have been running them at 38 psi front/36 psi back tyre pressures for on road driving.

The digital tyre pressure gauges at service stations seem to give varying readings depending on where I fill with fuel each week and I was wondering if anyone can recommend an accurate digital tyre pressure gauge so that I can get some consistency in my tyre pressure readings. It would also be useful for deflating my tyres for beach work.

GBC
26-08-2011, 09:22 AM
Digital guages have been shown to be fairly accurate.
Your tyre temps change which affects the pressure a bit, I've found.
My digital guage is nothing special, just one of the common ones with the angled head and lots of beeps, but its proven itself reliable over a few vehicles now.

wamjam
26-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Gday Peter, mate I don't think it matters to much if the the guage is accurate as long as it is consistent. A bloke showed me his arb guage that removes the valve to let your tyres down quickly for beach driving, I reckon they are the go. Kill two birds with one stone...

Scott

Jackson 53
27-08-2011, 08:00 AM
Hi Scott. Thanks mate. I'll check out the ARB gauge.

Peter

tunaticer
27-08-2011, 08:31 AM
It does not really matter the accuracy of the guage, you use, you need consistency, as long as it is within about 3 psi of a known pressure. Use the one guage (your own) to read the pressures at all the different pumps you use and you will be consistent with your tyre pressures. Servos vary up to about 6 psi from what I have seen in relationship to my guage I check off.